Job description / Role
The main purpose of the job:
To carry out research, teaching and administration within the Department, especially in the area of Electronic and Communication Engineering
Main duties and responsibilities:
• To teach at undergraduate level in areas allocated by the Head of Department and reviewed from time to time by the Head of Department.
• To engage with the broader scholarly and professional communities.
• To supervise or assist with supervision of undergraduate,
• To contribute to the development, planning, and implementation of a high-quality curriculum.
• To assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
• To participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
• To participate in the development, administration, and marking of exams and other assessments.
• To provide pastoral care and support to students.
• To participate in the administration of the department’s programmes of study and other activities as requested.
• To contribute to departmental, faculty, working groups or committees as requested.
• To maintain own continuing professional development.
OMR 1,000 to 1,200 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
A strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programmes
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Proven record of ability to conduct high-quality research which is reflected in the authorship of high-quality publications, or other research outputs, in the areas of Electronic Communication Engineering
• Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines.
• Evidence of ability to teach and to supervise academic work by undergraduates.
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Qualifications: Masters in Electronic and communication engineering
• Commitment to high-quality teaching and fostering a positive learning environment for students
• Commitment to continuous professional development
• Commitment to public communication
About the Company
Globnet is a respected privately owned management consultancy that has been operating in Oman for several years and has built a strong network of contacts in the country at various levels in the public services sector.