Job description / Role
• Individual will be responsible for maintaining, trouble shooting, Repairing, Bench-testing, and complete function checkout of pertinent Avionics-Electrical-Instruments-Galley equipmentâ€™s and Aircraft batteries.
• Adjust, repair, or replace malfunctioning components or assemblies, using hand tools-equipment or crimping tools -soldering irons.
• Carry out Aircraft Component Maintenance and rectification work and responsible for carrying out the certification of his own work as directed by approval holders- immediate reporting personnel.
• Check to ensure adequate pre work preparation is carried out to ensure an efficient work process during maintenance.
• Ensure that self and subordinates use proper protective gears to avoid any causality.
• Maintain and record of all maintenance work carried out by him in detail.
• Check to ensure that all tools and equipment used are operated correct, safe and are maintained in good working condition and report any unserviceability of equipment or tooling or occurrences to Lead Technician - Engineer - Senior Engineer â€“ to take necessary rectification.
• Maintain a record of tools available in the toolkit with adequate serviceable tools, engraved with their identification and a permanent list of the tools available in the toolkit as per the EPM Vol. 6 Procedure 20.
• Check to ensure that all manuals, publications located in AMOS- Web Drive are kept up to-date to the latest revision.
• Report any unserviceability of equipment or occurrences to his immediate supervisor.
• Assist in the training and development of Omani National staff placed under his control
• Ensure adherence to the Airport Authority rules, company procedures and regulations as well as HSE policies in order to ensure a safe working environment at all times.
• Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the Maintenance process.
• Available for one call support and to work on overtime when required.
• Assist and supplement to other sections, AOG recoveries as and when required.
• Assist and support Avionics work shop Assistance Manager and follow up all Work shop requirements.
• Two years college Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance engineering. 5 Years experience in the Avionics workshops. Must hold Avionics Work Shop Approvals (Calibration, Battery shop, Galley inserts shop, radio, electrical and instruments)
• Or EASA Certificate of Recognition, Or ICAO type II LWTR, Or PACA AME License with 4 Years experience in the Avionics workshops and must hold Avionics work shop approvals (Calibration, Battery shop, Galley inserts shop, radio, electrical and instruments).
• Or Degree in Electrical / electronic with 4 years experience in avionics work shop, and must hold Avionics work shop approvals (Calibration, Battery shop, Galley inserts shop, radio, electrical and instruments).
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.