Job description / Role
Data services planning department aspires to deliver network and service designs, ensure impeccable project delivery and technical excellence.
Department responsibilities include planning, dimensioning, implementing and supporting all types of services on Mobile & Fixed Data Core, Wi-Fi core, IP MPLS & FTTx networks.
Participate in the Implementation of National MPLS Core, PE Aggregation and Service projects including capacity expansion, Board Expansion project, Participate in low level designs for RAN backhaul, Access MPLS Integration, Multi-Layer MPLS Services and Datacom Resource Management such as VSI, IP Plan, Tools and create and monitor KPI and performance. against plans, participate in solutions' design & follow tasks given by senior staff.
Education Level ( Minimum / Preferred):
- Degree/ B.Sc.. in Telecommunications or Computer Science (Minimum)
- Masters / M.Sc.E.E in Telecommunications or Computer Science (Preferred)
Required Experience and Knowledge to be able to do the job ( Minimum / Preferred):
- 2 years of experience in Datacom IP or ISP network planning, design or implementation.
- 2 years of experience in Telecom Industry in planning or projects of MPLS Core or ISP Networks.
- Good Understanding the Datacom IGP R&S, MPLS, SR and QoS with multilayer Core technologies
- Good Understanding the IGP and its interaction with BGP core
- Good Understanding the Network Security
- Good understanding of these concepts and technologies:
- MPLS, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, DNS, Security tools, PRTG, Cache, VLAN, QnQ, Subnetting, Supernetting, network routing protocols, OSI layers.
- Understand Windows and Unix shell scripting.
Professional Qualification / Certification requirements:
- Minimum Cisco CCIA or CCNA or equivalent certificate from other vendors
- CCIE certificate will be advantage
- Training or Certifications in DNS, Security and Load balancers
Job specific technical skills
- Telecom & Data Networking Experience.
- KPI Dashboards development and monitoring
- Acceptance testing
- Work order production
- Mid-level to expert working experience with Microsoft Office applications like MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Document Management
- Fluent in English - Arabic is advantage
- Results Orientation
- Communicating Effectively
- Planning & Organizing
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
Key Results Area (KRA):
- Maintain full up to date inventory of Datacom Resource and Documentation of MPLS Configuration in services & solutions design, network dimensioning, implementation, services' monitoring or deployment
- Quality Implementation of Expansion Projects of MPLS /IGWD Networks.
- Quality Implementation of Routing and Switching Designs.
- Timely handover projects and services to NOC/SAO with accuracy.
- Accuracy of IP address Management for Public IPv4 & IPv6 Routing.
- Provide accurate and timely feasibility & Designs of all Datacom IP on time and with accuracy.
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Network Quality & Service Monitoring Engineer (Omani or GCC National)
Engineer - Telecom
Senior Engineer, Telecom Core Planning Architect
|Kuwait City||7 Nov|
Principle Engineer, L3 Managed Services
|Kuwait City||7 Nov|
Technical Officer - Service Operation Center