Job description / Role
- Collect the aircraft systems and components performance data and maintenance records to generate the Fleet Reliability and Maintenance Engineering Statistic (FRAMES) report.
- Evaluate the FRAMES report and initiate a preliminary investigation of any adverse trend reported.
- Issue a Reliability Alert Notice (RAN) for any adverse trend requiring further actions for improvement.
- Undertake investigations and follow up actions as a result of the FRAMES Meeting.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the approved recommendation resulting from a RAN and if adverse trend still continue to exist, re-open the investigation to develop a new recommendation to resolve the issue as needed.
- Carryout the ETOPS Reliability Program requirements.
- Recommend program revision to enhancement the Reliability Program.
- Ensure that Rogue components are identified and removed from the inventory.
- Review and revise the alert levels for Delays-Cancellation, Pilot Reports (PIREPS) and Unscheduled Component removals as needed.
- Propose amendments of the airframes, engine, and component maintenance programs. These programs shall take into consideration: Fleet size, age, airworthiness, and marketing requirements to ensure aircraft safety, reliability and airworthiness in the most economical manner.
- Monitor the release of a newly approved MMEL, CDL and reference document relevant to Oman Air MEL and inform Technical Library to register the document in the system.
- Monitory and review the latest MMEL-CDL Policy Letter Meetings.
- Ensure that Oman Air Fleet Minimum Equipment Lists (MEL) is in compliance with the latest authority approved Master MEL and reference document. Such as Company operational document, DDPM, DDG and EASA MMEL Supplement.
- Technical write or revised the fleet MEL in a format wherein it is understandable to both Flight Operation and Maintenance, and will not cause any misinterpretation of the dispatch condition and consequently delaying the aircraft.
- Coordinate with concern departments to develop an alternate procedure to be used for dispatch when not provided but required by the MMEL-MEL as per dispatch condition.
- Coordinate with concern departments to develop MEL for special operation requirements base on the Airspace and concerned regulation.
- Present the proposed Fleet MEL amendment to the MEL Committee for comment, remarks, suggestions or approval.
- Prepare the Minutes of the MEL Committee Meeting and ensuring that all items are agreed and closed.
- Prepare the summary of revision. Highlighting the Section-Item or Page and its reason for revision
- Submit proposed MEL revision to SMQA for further review and forwarding to the local Authority for approval.
- Ensure that Authority approval for the submitted MEL revisions are obtained on timely manner.
- Ensure the distributions of the Approved MEL to the holders are coordinated properly and in a timely manner.
- Respond to Oman Air Departmental requests and clarification in timely manner through Engineering Service Request.
- Assist in cost, applicability, urgency and feasibility analysis related to group required or proposed by superiors or other Departments or Manufacturers.
- Undertake other duties as requested by SMDE and supervisors ensuring timeliness and utmost effective in completing the assigned tasks.
- Bachelor Degree in related discipline preferably in Engineering (Mechanical / Avionics / Aeronautical or similar) with 2 years of relevant experience preferably in a technical function of an airline industy.
- Or ICAO Type II licence with 6 years of related experience
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.