Job description / Role
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only full-stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Baker Hughes, a GE Company Internship Program provides an educational strategy whereby students complement their academic preparation with direct practical experience. Baker Hughes, Baker Hughes, a GE Company participation exhibits the company interest and commitment to the growth and developments of students as future professionals.
- Achieve the short-term and day-to-day goals, tasks and learning objectives assigned by the University and BHGE Supervisor.
- Value and practice BHGE core values: Integrity, Learning, Performance and Teamwork.
- Follow all Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE), maintenance and operational practices and procedures successfully and effectively.
- Manage time and resources effectively.
- Solve problems, overcome obstacles and make good decisions.
- Work effectively on diverse teams.
- Communicate effectively with all levels within the team and external business partners.
- Demonstrate work-related knowledge effectively.
- Utilize multiple sources of information effectively.
- Exhibit a high level of initiative.
- Maintain the confidentiality of any information designated by BHGE as Confidential.
- GPA 3.0 and above.
- Still studying at university on his or her last year.
- Engineering degree in mechanical OR mechatronics OR Electrical
- Muscat, Oman
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.