Job description / Role
English Lecturer (ESL/TEFL for English Natives)
The post holders are expected to:
• Contribute to the scholarship and intellectual life of the students
• Conducting high quality teaching as appropriate and as instructed by the Head of Department.
• Advice and guide students on their education
• Systematic record-keeping of students' results, activities and attendance
• Act on academic committees and organize departmental workshops
• Timely and comprehensive preparation of examination question papers and quizzes, and invigilating examinations
• Proactive and focused academic counseling and career advice to students
• Working days: 5 days a week (Saturday to Wednesday)
• Working hours: 8 hours/per day
• Contact hours: 18 to 21 contact hours/week
• Class size: 20 to 25 students
• Age of students: 18 to 25 years
• Tax free salary
• Two way annual ticket for staff
• Joining ticket for family
• Housing Allowance
• Medical care for self, spouse and two children
• Annual paid leave (56 days)
• Two years renewable contract
• Bachelor or / and Master's degree.
• Specialization in English or Literature or Linguistics or languages or Education or TESOL.
• Following Certifications is a plus: CELTA, TESOL, TEFL, DELTA.
• Four years of lecturing experience.
• Experience should be lecturing in relevant specialization under reputed College or University.
About the Company
Globnet is a respected privately owned management consultancy that has been operating in Oman for several years and has built a strong network of contacts in the country at various levels in the public services sector.