Job description / Role
The Role Responsibilities
* Administering the office of the CEO, coordinating the daily work, and working commitments.
* Assist the CEO with execution of country and business strategy.
* Support development and execution of the business/function priorities, ensuring there aligned to Global strategies and regional priorities.
* Provide the CEO and team with support on planning and monitoring of progress on local driven projects, risks and issues, providing quality control, agreeing timescales and resources required.
* Manage and handle confidential correspondence both internal and external.
* Support delivery of Specific Projects & Priorities (e.g. D&I Strategy, Strategic Workforce Planning, My Voice Engagement follow through communication strategy, internal communication agenda, etc)
* To independently handle routine administration and correspondence.
* Arrange meetings according to priorities of the business.
* Make all travel/visa/accommodation arrangements for CEO.
* Attend CMT meetings, prepare and finalise minutes of meetings
* Support the CCIB Businesses as and when required.
* Assist the CEO in driving the business agenda and bring alignment across the business and functions by working with the department heads.
* Ensure and efficient filing and records management for the CEO office
* Ensure meeting deadlines and that all global policies are adhered to
* Review and manage the e-procurement requests on behalf of the CEO and challenge departments to ensure adherence to supply chain policies.
* On behalf of CEO, review the T&E requests submitted for approval and ensure they are aligned with T&E guidelines.
* Maintain an accurate record of G&E and review G&E approval requests.
* Support the deployment of Group people policies, products and processes to drive engagement thereby driving business performance.
People and Talent
* Coordinate continuous feedback session with all business / function heads Assist and official P3 review sessions.
* Ensure that all direct / matrix reports of the CEO hold an up to date Job Descriptions.
* Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people
* Assist CEO to review team structure and succession plans.
* Oversee activities including Audits- ensuring satisfactory closure of audit and operational risk points.
* Comply with the Group Code of Conduct
* Comply with Group's policies and procedures
* Support the CEO in reporting to the Cluster/Regional CEO office on progress.
* Assist the CEO to drive improvement of governance environment including close monitoring of regulatory projects.
Our Ideal Candidate
* Excellent communication skills- oral, written and presentation
* Excellent stakeholder engagement skills and ability to adapt to different styles according to target audience
* Results -oriented, with ability to juggle competing priorities to follow through and perform under pressure.
* A collaborator with ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders
* Strong interpersonal skills in networking, influencing and decision taking.
* Trustworthy and discrete, and able to exercise good judgement.
* Streamlining of administrative systems and processes.
* Proactive handling of problems and situations and timely routine enquiries, correspondence, and referral matters
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.