Job description / Role
Below are some details of the Position;
The Executive Secretary provides high-level administrative support to the General Manager by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
• Manage, coordinate and maintain a calendar of General Manager including appointments, meetings, and travel. Not limited to board meetings, Executive Committee meetings, conferences) including coordinating General Manager’s global and domestic travel itineraries.
• Responsible for organizing of internal and external meetings on behalf of the General Manager ensuring all necessary requirements are made e.g. meeting venue, equipment, presentations, prepare agendas.
• Provide executive and administrative support to General Manager.
• Monitor and respond to incoming communications (including complaints) to the General Manager’s office including phone calls, emails, and walk-ins, ensuring correct department distribution.
• Secretarial support for meetings and when required by the General Manager, including drafting and circulating meeting agendas, preparing minutes, communicating meeting reminders, confirming venues and arranging refreshments. Writing and distributing comprehensive minutes and action points to all members post meeting.
• Drafting and writing high-quality reports and presentations, as required by the General Manager.
• Communicating important updates and information from other Managers as required by the General Manager.
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
• Respect the need for confidentiality and sensitivity of the information.
• Organize documents for signatures of General Manager and members of Management staff related to relevant projects.
• Keep accurate records and files always and as appropriate.
• Manage General Manager’s expense claims, purchases and sends gifts for key relationships.
• Organizational, planning and multi-tasking skills
• Communication skills
• Information gathering and information monitoring skills
• Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
• Judgment and decision-making ability
• Initiative and proactive
• Professionalism and confidentiality
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Calm character, able to prioritize and ensure smooth execution of tasks
• Fluency in English & Arabic – spoken and written
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Well organized with an understanding of priorities and changing demands
• Have a professional knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as Personal Assistant, Office Manager or similar
• Proven ability to take on a variety of different tasks without becoming overwhelmed
• University degree or diploma relating to the field preferred but not essential
About the Company
Globnet is a respected privately owned management consultancy that has been operating in Oman for several years and has built a strong network of contacts in the country at various levels in the public services sector.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)