Job description / Role
To oversee kitchen operations and select, train, appraise, coordinate, discipline and coordinate kitchen staff in order to prepare, cook and present food according to hotel standard recipes.
Essential functions include but not restricted to:
- Interviews, selects, trains, appraises, schedules, disciplines and supervises kitchen staff in kitchen during the cooking of food items.
- Supervises kitchen staff in the proper preparation, cooking and garnishment of various menu items.
- Assists in the development and enforcement of policies to control food cost and quality.
- Ensures proper receiving, storage (including temperature-setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Leads menu planning activities.
- Schedules culinary staff so that proper coverage is maintained while keeping payroll costs in line.
An Executive Sous Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Relevant qualifications for this role
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong supervisory skills
- A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification (proof may be required)
- A creative approach to the production of food
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Passion for producing high quality food
- Knowledge of current food trends
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
About the Company
Set on the shores of the Indian Ocean, this Hilton hotel in Oman features a beachfront pool complex, conference space and 6 popular restaurants.
Hilton is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,300 properties with more than 863,000 rooms, in 106 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time.
The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations.
The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, and free standard Wi-Fi.