Job description / Role
The successful candidate will be working for one of prestigious Media Company in Sultanate of Oman. This position is responsible in planning, managing, marketing, organization and administration of exhibition sales with the following key responsibilities:
• Overall management responsibility for the exhibition. This includes sales, marketing, promotion, administration and development of the event.
• Coordinate the placement of exhibits and exhibitors.
• Establish good relationships with media partners and industry associations.
• To plan and implement advertising, marketing and PR campaigns and where necessary, production of copy and briefs.
• Liaison with design agencies, printers, translators and advertising agencies regarding promotional campaigns
• Market and promote the event or exhibition across multiple platforms, with key stakeholders, street banners and mass media advertisements.
• Liaison with supporting associations, exhibition/event organizers, contractors and venues
• Recruit and train personnel to support exhibition.
• Market research and monitoring of competitors’ activities
• Undertaking presentations to partners
• Database management and Proof-reading
• Set and control revenue costs management
OMR 1,200 to 1,600 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor’s Degree / MBA
• At least 8 years relevant and extensive exhibition organisation experience in Exhibition Sales in GCC.
• Demonstrable experience of schedule planning and managing exhibitions.
• A proven sales and marketing background.
• Experience of preparing and negotiating agreements and contracts associated with exhibition organisation, and of working with Government Indemnity schemes.
• Well-honed project management skills, well organised, an excellent administrator with good attention to detail
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues across the department, conservators and external contractors such as designers and transport agents.
• An adaptable approach to work, to achieve agreed deadlines and projects within tight schedules.
• First class communication skills, both written and spoken; strong drafting skills
• Ability to compile and present complex reports, maintain clear and concise records, filing and effective monitoring systems.
• Highly computer literate with specific knowledge of Excel, Word and databases.
• Commercially minded, numerate, with strong negotiation skills
• Language : English or bilingual
About the Company
Globnet is a respected privately owned management consultancy that has been operating in Oman for several years and has built a strong network of contacts in the country at various levels in the public services sector.