Job description / Role
UPDATE TO THIS POST - YOU MUST HAVE PROVEN EXPERIENCE IN EXECUTING TEMPORARY AND PERMANENT LABOR CAMPS. THIS MUST BE HIGHLIGHTED WHERE RELEVANT ON YOUR CV OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.
The Facilities Construction Engineer will manage a team of workers assigned to the facilities element of the project (Labor Camps, Offices, Kitchens, etc.). You will be responsible for ensuring the team completes the product on time and in line with the Client’s demands and the Quality expectations of the Company. You will report directly to the Project Manager and functionally
to the Facilities Manager.
Primary responsibilities of position:
- Review project drawings and specifications to determine the objectives of the team.
- Study the project Program of Works and Method Statement to ensure output is as per schedule.
- Manage the schedule of work for achieving the team objectives on time.
- Control an element of project costs by managing materials and manpower efficiency.
- Plan ahead the need for machinery, manpower or materials to ensure no lost time or money occurs.
- Adapt the scheduled plan of works effectively in the case of changes to drawings, deadlines or specifications of the project.
- Consult with the Project Manager, Facilities Manager and Client representatives on all matters.
- Produce daily reports on output and progress for Senior Management.
- Resolve any administrative, constructive or employee related issues in a smart and timely manner.
- Ensure the highest levels of health and safety at all times.
- BSc in Engineering (ideally Civil or MEP).
- Knowledge in interface management of Civil & MEP works.
- Proven experience in executing temporary and permanent labour camps.
- Experience in delivering fast-track projects on time.
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability