Job description / Role
MAIN PURPOSE (Overall main aim of the job and most important responsibilities.):
• In charge of driving and maintaining the operational performance of the Company’s camp and accommodation fixtures.
• Manages all utilities, catering, housekeeping and welfare within the context of facilities management.
• To drive internal customer satisfaction and consistently enhance levels of performance and SLA’s.
• Participates in the design, project management and implementation of new accommodation in project locations.
ACCOUNTABILITIES (Functions, tasks and responsibilities carried out in the job.):
• Allocating the available camps and accommodations space to the appropriate personnel based on the company’s grading system.
• Controlling and managing all camps and accommodations assets including but not limited to: Furniture, electronics, appliances, mattresses, offices and equipment.
• Maintaining the camps furniture and equipment stores, providing new items where required and preserving inventory records.
• Managing the catering, laundry and housekeeping services provided in all camps and ensuring that a good standard is maintained at all times.
• Identifying accommodation options in areas where new projects are awarded and ensure that accommodations, utilities, catering, laundry and housekeeping are available for the various employee grades throughout the project, based on the manpower histogram provided by the construction team.
• Planning the mobilization and demobilization of the camps based on the projects requirements.
• Assessing the company accommodation requirements and decreasing or increasing accommodations accordingly.
• Implementing new procedures and update the existing ones in order to ensure a proper flow of communication between the camps, sites and offices.
• Maintaining positive employee morale by creating and maintaining a schedule of activities and recreational events for camp residents.
• Ensuring that camp security is maintained at an optimum level and security breaches are consistently reduced.
• Schedule routine visits to all camps to conduct inspections.
• BSc. Business, Engineering, Property Management or Facilities related field
• 7+ years relevant experience in a Facilities Management role
• Excellent understanding of Customer Service
• 5+ years of working experience in the Middle East
• Excellent communication and people management skills
• Remote site/camp management work experience or exposure
• Relevant QHSE qualifications
• Excellent problem solving ability
• Project Management experience/ability
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Manager Facilities Management
Hire Rightt Executive Search
CSG Global Talent
Mechanical Maintenance Manager/Facility Manager
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent