Job description / Role
Roles & Responsibilities:
Execute safe, orderly and efficient units at designed Area under Shift Team Leader (Generic) scope, by:
- Operate the designed units and carry out regular outdoor (field)
- Inspection of the unit Plant Equipment to identify any operational anomalies
- Carry out Operational Adjustments,
- Records data collection,
- Facilitate Start-up,
- Shutdown & Emergencies,
- Maintenance Work Preparation, and, coordinate
- Operations Housekeeping; in order to ensure optimum plant equipment availability, identify / correction of any operational anomalies, and to maximise plant operational efficiency, reliability and safety.
Field Operator – Tank Farm will act in accordance with SOMS values & strategies, policies, guidelines, technology platform, HSE standards, Omani’s government & other legal justification’s, and best international practices aligned with national objectives and Ethics standards.
Plant Operations Shift Handover
- Accepts shift from previous shift Senior Field Operator with detailed log sheet of operational adjustments and changes during previous shift.
- Ensure continuity of operational issues handed over by the previous shift and take necessary action.
- Capture all major highlights and constraints experienced during the shift in the log sheet in detail for the following shift.
Inspection of Plant Equipment
- Carries out regular, detailed inspection of all rotating and static equipment used in operations such as electric motors, gas and steam driven turbines, pumps and compressors, towers, vessels and heat exchangers etc. to ensure accurate and proper functioning of each item independently and in synchronization with other equipment.
- Coordinates with the DCS (Panel) Operator and carries out outdoor (field) operational adjustments of a variety of valves and switches controlling fluid/gas flow rates, levels, pressure, temperature, and chemicals.
- Controls and adjusts chemical injection dosage
- Monitors to ensure chemical inventory levels are maintained as per standard.
- Records field data on a regular basis by reading the gauges and instruments located on plant equipment in the assigned area.
- Logs and shares findings with the DCS (Panel) Operator in case of significant deviations from the standard operating conditions.
- Collects product samples and send it for laboratory analysis as per SOPs.
Start-up, Shutdown & Emergencies
- Carries out required activities as directed by the DCS (Panel) Operator and Shift Team Leader during shutdown and start-up activities.
- Facilitate the shutdown and start-up for turnaround, maintenance and inspection purposes with adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Provides support during emergency situations as per the SOPs and instructions from Shift Team Leader and Panel Operator.
Maintenance Work Preparation
- Facilitates in providing a safe working environment for maintenance work in the process area by isolation, depressurization and draining of equipment.
- Ensure staff working in assigned process areas adheres to Permit to Work (PTW) conditions.
- Follow up progress and completion of maintenance work.
- Performs minor maintenance work such as greasing, coupler gasket and O – ring replacement, painting, bolt tightening, lube oil replacement or topping up etc.
- Minimum Qualifications for this position is a Diploma in Engineering or similar.
- Total experience 8 years. Minimum 6 years of relevant experience as a Plant Operator within the Oil & Gas / Refinery / Petrochemical industry, preferably with experience in some of the following processes:
• Heavy Oils CDU/VDU/SGP/LTU/KTU
• Heavy Oils DCU
• Hydroprocessing HCU
• Hydroprocessing DHT/HPU/PSA
• Sulfur SRU/ARU/SWS/CAR/CSW
• Utilities/ WWTP
• Offsite/ logistics/ Solids Handling
- Advance functional knowledge of DCS
- Knowledge of the refinery process, plant equipment and process control.
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting P&ID and PFD.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Drawing interpretation
- Effective Communication Skills
- Acute Observation Skills
- Effective Planning & Organization Skills
- Proficient at interpreting Technical Drawings
- Minor Maintenance skills
- Analytical thinking Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Team Work
- Time Management
- Work Prioritization
- Report Writing
- SOP interpretation
- Refinery operations (Process, Equipment)
- Process Control
- HSE (Permit to Work – PTW, Confined Space, Process Safety, H2S Awareness, Basic Fire Fighting, Emergency Response)
- Ability to work with computer based Business Applications such as (PI, PLC, DCS, SAP, LIMS)
About the Company
Superiority of Modern Services (SOMS) is a 100% Omani SME Limited Liability Company founded in year 2015. SOMS is one of the leading and rapidly growing industrial maintenance service company in the Sultanate of Oman certified with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001. We offer wide variety of industrial services in fields of; Energy (Power stations), Oil & Gas, Water & Waste Water Treatment (Desalination), Engineering Consultation, and Marine. With our wide range of expertise, we can offer the “correct” service with the highest quality in the market.
RTC-1 Employment Services
Water Treatment Plant Operator
Oil Trading Operator
RTC-1 Employment Services