Job description / Role
• Identify the main components of the equipment / system
• Identify the main components of the equipment / system and explain the working / function principle of these parts
• Carry out tasks on new installations, maintenance and repairing activities on turbo compressors, steam turbines, expanders and other rotating equipment as instructed by the Supervisor/Site Manager
• Read and understand drawings and PID`s
• In the absence of a Mechanical Supervisor, independently take over and carry out temporarily the leading tasks at site
• Write technical reports in English language and fill in all required job related protocols and reports
• Responsible for the quality, safety and work performance
• Perform all work at site in a safe, efficient, neat and timely manner as instructed by the MDT Supervisor
• Prepare necessary consumables, tooling and lifting equipment
• Plan, organize and direct activities at site to the personnel assigned
• Able to perform basic service tasks, change bearings, measure bearing clearances, change couplings, carry out rotor alignment by using dial gauge indicators
• Disassemble/reassemble rotating equipment on site including recording all the required data and proper marking of all the parts
• Perform service tasks, change rotors, clearance checks, alignment with laser and dial method, hydraulic fitting of coupling
• Perform oil flushing of the complete system
• Basic theoretical knowledge of auxiliary equipment such as lube oil, power oil, seal gas, inlet filter, condensate drain and other auxiliary systems related to the turbomachinery installations
• Perform basic service tasks such as changing of filters, cleaning of coolers
• Actively assist with ideas and solutions during trouble shooting or problem solving
• Independently knows how to fill in time sheet, expense report and other technical documentation correctly and submits them regularly.
• Maintains personal tools clean and routinely does inventory check.
• Complete Quality documentation (Performa’s, reading sheets, etc.) as required by the MAN Turbo quality systems or the job instructions
• Disassemble, inspect and reassemble machinery following pre-established work scopes or using own judgement in situation were no work scope could be defined, i.e. emergency repairs, problem solving, etc. All work to be completed following current MAN Diesel & Turbo instructions, or established good engineering practices
• Work to prescribed clearances / tolerances as dictated by the
• Very good knowledge of Rotating Equipment (steam turbine, compressors and expanders)
• Experience in reading technical documents, instructions, sketches/explanation of details and cross sectional drawings
• Good reporting skills and reporting any findings in the field in writing.
• Skill and understands how to use measuring tools like dial indicator, Vernier caliper and micrometer.
• Independent, punctual, resolute, hands-on mentality, can handle stress and difficult situations in a calm manner.
• Prepare• Very good knowledge of rotating equipment with at least 3 years experience in rotating equipment or graduate from Apprentice training or Diploma in mechanical engineering
• New installation and / or service work on at least three types of turbomachinery
ready to travel worldwide and work under sometimes difficult conditions.
About the Company
MAN Diesel & Turbo SE, based in Augsburg, Germany, is the world’s leading provider of large-bore diesel engines and turbomachinery for marine and stationary applications. It designs two-stroke and four-stroke engines that are manufactured both by the company and by its licensees. The engines have power outputs ranging from 450 kW to 87 MW. MAN Diesel & Turbo also designs and manufactures gas turbines of up to 30 MW, steam turbines of up to 150 MW and compressors with volume flows of up to 1.5 million m³/h and pressures of up to 1,000 bar. The product range is rounded off by turbochargers, propellers, gas engines and chemical reactors.
MAN Diesel & Turbo’s range of goods includes complete marine propulsion systems, turbomachinery units for the oil & gas as well as the process industries and complete power plant solutions. Customers receive worldwide after-sales services marketed under the MAN PrimeServ brand. The company employs around 14,500 staff at more than 100 international sites, primarily in Germany, Denmark, France, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, India and China. MAN Diesel & Turbo is a company in the Power Engineering business area of MAN SE.
Alghanem Trading & Contracting
Mechanical Inspector - Theme Park Rides
Senior Field Service Engineer - Maritime Diesel Engines
MEP Project Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||17 Dec|
Project Engineer - Electrical (Power Network Projects)