Job description / Role
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be will be an integral part of the Executive team with responsibility for driving Financial and Operational performance.
The Finance Director will be responsible for overseeing the Finance Team while working closely with the Group’s Finance Department to embed ‘The Company’ values of Integrity, Partnership and Excellence.
As a Finance Director, your responsibilities will be:
Strategic & Operational Delivery
• Act as the company’s main Financial advisor on all issues relating to Finance function and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure that the company maintains its competitive position
• Ensure optimum productivity from the finance function by driving accountability through quantitative targets setting and tracking, and effective people management.
• Promote and drive the Operating Company’s culture on governance, values, ethics and sustainability at all times.
• Ensure that the financial processes, systems and controls are operating effectively
• Monitor the company’s financial performance and ensure full transparency over financial performance
• Design, maintain and adapt as needed the Company’s governance policies, procedures, controls and processes, to ensure that Company has a world class control environment, championed and promoted by the finance function at all times.
• Provide key input to the development of Company’s strategy as a senior member of the executive team, and effectively cascades to all levels of the organization.
• Develop and manage effective forecasting, budgeting, accounting and reporting processes to support the business in the execution of its strategic plans.
• Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard the financial assets and cash flow of Company and oversee the activities of independent auditors ensuring full regulatory compliance.
• Ensure prompt receipt and payment from and to customers and suppliers respectively
• Ensure timely payment of statutory taxes as per Oman Tax regulations
• Oversee the development and performance of direct reports against key performance indicators
• Cascade the Sustainability Key Performance Indicators of the Finance function to drive the departmental performance
• Contribute to the identification of High potentials and potential successors of the Finance team and work with HR to put in place development actions.
• Ensure alignment with Company Policies and Country regulatory requirements to mitigate any risk
• Drive Ethics Management and champion Corporate Governance within both internal and external stakeholders.
• Work closely with Compliance to ensure ownership of Company Code of conduct and conflict of interest policy
To succeed in the role, you will be/will have:
• A Degree in Finance or relevant similar fields.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in finance with at least 5 years in a Senior Leadership position.
• Experience of leading a Finance function and supervising others is essential,
• Experience working in a company with similar reporting and legal obligations/disclosures to our Oman Team
• Experience of working in Oman is preferred.
• Experience in all aspects of financial accounting and knowledge of international accounting standards.
• Internationally recognized financial or accounting related professional qualification such as: ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CFA, CPA
• Resilient Finance Leader with the ability to lead by example & cascade our Oman Team vision
• Strong analytical thinker & attentive to detail with the ability to proactively analyse the business performance, identify the risks and provide guidance to the Management & Group Finance Team.
• Demonstrate ability to think creatively and develop solutions to drive sustainable revenue and margin growth
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to coach and effectively lead the Finance team to develop continuous improvement strategies, influence decision making, and drive continuous improvement initiatives within the Finance Department
• Ability to communicate clear goals and strategic drivers to the teams
• Ability to manage Opex reduction projects and business-as- usual activities concurrently
About the Company
Globnet is a respected privately owned management consultancy that has been operating in Oman for several years and has built a strong network of contacts in the country at various levels in the public services sector.
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Chief Financial Officer - CFO - Construction
Middle East Executive