Job description / Role
The purpose of the role is to hold overall responsibility for the financial activities of the company, manage and monitor all activities of the Finance & Accounting department, support stakeholders by providing accurate and timely financial information to aid decision making and give advice regarding opportunities, risks and financial planning.
My client is one of Oman's most prestigious family groups, with diversified business interests across multiple different sectors, and several dozen separate business units.
* Managing useful daily, weekly, monthly & annual reporting & accounting, delivering on-time closures.
* Maintaining detailed, up to date financial planning and reporting.
* Maintaining secure cashflow & working capital management, including taking personal action with debtor issues if required.
* Monitoring the fixed asset register to safeguard assets & comply with group policies.
* Working with the GM & Sector Finance Lead to deliver an appropriate annual budget, with constant monitoring and reforecasting as required throughout the financial year.
* Take actions wherever possible to reduce cost and ensure all spending is necessary and proportionate.
* Supervision of the payroll process, ensuring salary disbursement is on time and accurate.
* Working closely with banks, auditors and other external partners.
* Mentoring & development of the Accounting team, across both Oman & Qatar.
* Responsible for maintaining appropriate levels of inventory.
* Providing ad-hoc reports as requested by senior management.
* Develop & implement policies, procedures and controls to keep the department and wider business operating at peak efficiency.
* Responsible for ensuring the company maintains sufficient insurance coverage at all times.
In return, my client can offer a competitive package of between 3200 & 4000 OMR, plus benefits. There is also an enormous amount of potential for career growth in one of the many group companies.
* The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to operate as a genuine business partner, think analytically, exercise sound judgement, multi-task and maintain composure under tight deadlines and in high pressure situations.
* The accounting skills and experience required for this role, should be a given, with the successful candidate able to demonstrate these easily.
* They will also recognise that their ability to add value as a Business Partner and trusted advisor to their senior colleagues will be one of their key skills in this position.
* This person must be highly collaborative and willing to engage with colleagues on an ongoing basis, to benefit the overall group as well as this specific business. You must be able to think of the wider group picture.
* Excellent written & spoken English is a definite requirement & while not required, Arabic language skills would be a benefit.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Irwin & Dow
Finance Manager - Engineering Consultancy
|Abu Dhabi||9 Nov|
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)
Excelsior Group ME
RTC-1 Employment Services