Job description / Role
This role will be responsible for all financial and commercial matters actively driving projects' performance. This position will oversee the projects' specific funding strategy and ensure availability of funds across various stages of the projects. The role will be responsible to manage the end to end process of originating project finance facilities, source funding from various sources, negotiate terms and conditions for the project, close the financing transaction inline with the project timeline, manage the project from a financial perspective:
* Ensure the overall funding strategy and planning for the group's projects in a manner consistent with company's policies and procedures
* Manage investor relations and develop and cultivate long-term relationships with regional and international banks and Export Credit Agencies (ECAs)
* Act as a lead role to provide input for the project financing strategy and capital structure to ensure most efficient and effective use of the company's capacity and borrowed monies.
* Lead negotiation discussions with lenders and ECAs to obtain the best terms and conditions for the project and the group
* Ensure the continuous monitoring of project forecasts, funding requirements and reporting the deviations
* Acts as an industry expert. Responsible for monitoring and communicating an ongoing understanding of the changing economic, legal, regulatory and competitive environments across all areas of project financing.
* Coordinates the Finance & Strategy function's and Treasury and Insurance Department's strategic and tactical planning activities and monitors the department's performance against its objectives and performance metrics
* Works effectively with managers in areas of responsibility to ensure that department objectives, performance metrics, quality measures, and budget targets are achieved
* Fosters an environment in which employees are actively encouraged to identify and implement departmental and company-wide continuous and quality improvement initiatives
* Fulfill job duties and responsibilities in conformance with sound safety practices. Performs other related duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/ Finance/ Accounting or similar
* Advantage for an accredited treasury, accounting or finance qualification
* 10+ years with 5 years relevant experience in a similar role a Bank or a corporate in Oil and Gas Sector
* Experience and a track record of having been actively involved in a number of project finance transactions including end to end process of the transaction.
* Experience in having been involved in structuring project finance facilities
* Experience in having negotiated with banks and ECAs on project finance terms and conditions and managed banking relations
* Experience in having managed a project finance facility from start of construction to completion including completion of key milestones such as lender's reliability tests
* Experience of dealing in banking relationships and raising/managing project financing sector.
* Demonstrate an understanding of local and regional markets and key players
* Ability to handle and clearly communicate complex financial information
* Strong analytical and communication skills, including verbal and written skills
* Highly organized and ability to work independently
* Experience in having led a team
* Skills in problem solving and critical thinking
Robert Half are working with an Oil & Gas sector company who are headquartered in Muscat. Having recently gone through a merger, there are now projects in various stages that require an experienced finance professional to take on.
Salary & Benefits
* 5800 - 6800 OMR + benefits (dependant on experience)
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.
Senior Finance Manager
Regional Finance Controller
Canadian International School (CIS)
|Abu Dhabi||23 Feb|
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)