FS External Audit - Senior Associate
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
With offices in 152 countries and almost 328,000 people, we are among the leading professional services networks in the world. We help organisations and individuals create the value they are looking for, by delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 7,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Our regional team with its tailored solutions, brings international experience, helping our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Line of Service Overview
Our Middle East Assurance practice includes over 2,300 people based in 12 countries across the region and is part of PwC's global network that is operating worldwide. PwC Middle East's Assurance practice combines the right mix of human-led and tech powered solutions to provide our clients with quality audits and other risk services that create confidence and impact in our region and across society.
What is expected from you?
As an External Audit Senior Associate, you will be reporting to Managers and above, working as part of a team that helps the clients building trust, solving complex challenges, and proactively assisting in the management of several engagements. Your job duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Using your analytical skills to analyse the client's financial statements and ensure they adhere to financial regulations.
- Examining financial and accounting records, other documents, and tangible items such as inventory, or plant and equipment.
- Asking a range of questions - from formal written questions to informal oral questions - to a range of individuals at our client organizations.
- Testing the client organization's internal controls and processes.
- Building trust and credibility with the clients by understanding their expectations and delivering high quality services.
- Taking accountability for researching and understanding key facts on the client;s industry information before the engagement begins.
- Communicating with the Manager and/ or Partner in a timely manner with respect to engagement progress - risks, issues, variances from plan in terms of time, budget, etc.
- Taking full ownership of external file completion.
- Analyzing engagement economics of self and field staff and explaining variances from the budgets.
- Reviewing the work of the associate levels and providing them on-job training , coaching and timely constructive feedback to help them grow in their career.
- Ensuring you are adhering to compliance with the risk, quality and independence matters.
- Having an understanding in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients along with building and maintaining strong relationships with clients.
- Engaging and dealing effectively with diverse teams from the planning through the completion phase of the audit as well as closely following up on the progress of the requested tasks to ensure meeting the timeline and the firm's internal KPI's.
- Taking part in the digital initiatives and upskilling areas which aligns most with your team's business needs.
- Perform other procedures as necessary to support issuance of the assurance deliverables.
What will you bring?
You are ambitious and get use of opportunities to grow and develop. In addition, you recognise yourself in the following characteristics:
- A degree in Accounting, Finance or any other related academic major.
- Completed or pursuing a professional qualification, such as ACCA, CA, ACA, CPA (preferably)
- Progressive experience at the Senior Associate level working with a range of external audit clients in a Big 4 professional services firm
- Experience in auditing Banking / Insurance clients is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment
- Bilingual proficiency in Arabic and English (oral and written) is a plus
- Business development and client relationship building skills
- Willingness to challenge the 'norms' and to create a cohesive and effective working team
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience in applying the international standards on Auditing (ISAs) on the external audit of financial services with excellent IFRS knowledge relevant to the FS practice (such as IFRS 9, 17) and financial services regulations
- Knowledge in any Audit technologies, and experience using Data Analytics tools is a plus
- Commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives
- Thorough technical skills and experience regarding applicable accounting reporting and auditing standards, with demonstrated exceptional performance
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.