Job description / Role
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Fuel Distribution System Mechanic
Amentum has an opening for a Fuel Distribution System Mechanic Oman Thumrait.
Under the supervision of a Power Generation Manager this position is responsible for the operation, reception and storage of bulk or packaged petroleum- based products.
Purpose and Scope:
Installs, maintains, repairs, and adjusts pumps, control valves and meters, strainers and filters, water separators, and pipelines of liquid fuel systems for airfields to also include maintaining bulk storage installations and conventional/unconventional refueling systems which are used in fuel storage distribution systems.
1. Applies knowledge of the design, system function, and interrelation of units comprising the system; physical properties and hazards associated with the handling of various types of petroleum fuels, chemicals, and alcohol; pipefitting skills, mechanical skills.
2. Makes periodic inspections of units to detect and correct leakage, corrosion, faulty fittings, and malfunction of mechanical units, meters, and gauges such as fuel hydrants, tank pits, distribution lines, storage tanks, turbines, pumps, and control rooms.
3. Inspects electrical wiring, switches, and controls for safe operating condition, grounding, and adjustment.
4. Inspects electrical wiring, switches, and controls for safe operating condition, grounding, and adjustment.
5. Inspects fuel receiving, storage, and distribution facilities. Conducts preventive maintenance inspections to detect explosions, fire, and toxic hazards.
6. Checks interior and exterior of storage tanks for corrosion, leakage, sludge, and for correction of operation of roof sumps, float gauges, etc.
7. Repairs, replaces, and adjusts malfunctioning equipment to restore operating condition specified in regulations and repair manuals.
8. Disassembles, adjusts, aligns, and calibrates gauges and meters.
9. Cleans storage tanks, and removes and installs old or new equipment such as meter and filter installations, pipe systems, pit covers, and vents, to modify existing installations.
10. Conducts follow-up inspection of contractor and in-house repairs, and maintains records of maintenance inspections and repairs.
11. Performs all phases of liquid fuels system maintenance including troubleshooting, repairs, and modification of installed systems.
12. Lubricates and repacks valves; lubricates pumps; replaces gaskets and seals; corrects pumping equipment misalignment; cleans strainers and filter; services filter air separators and checks meters for correct delivery and calibration.
13. As required, maintains chemical fuel and other systems involving high pressure and toxic gases for miscellaneous industrial activities.
14. Participates in the testing of seams and areas suspected of leakage. Removes corrosion and repaints surfaces.
15. Overhauls vacuum and pressure vents, floating roof seals, hangers, and roof sumps.
16. Uses hand and power tools such as torque wrenches, and meters, bearing and gear puller, specific gravity scales, bench grinders, hydraulic presses, pipe threading machine, cutting torch, and other test equipment.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.