Job description / Role
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will be a senior geotechnical engineer with a proven technical and project delivery track record.
- A strong academic background with degree in Civil engineering and Master Degree in a relevant subject.
- Ability to lead small project teams.
- With minimum 6 -8 years of relevant design experience.
- Proven experience of acting as a geotechnical engineer in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with international clients
- Good commercial track record in negotiating and running jobs successfully
- The ability to self-check and produce accurate work
- A willingness to travel on short term assignments both within India and overseas
- Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Masters Degree in a relevant subject with appropriate and sufficient experience in the field of geotechnical engineering either with civil consultancy or as a designer for a ground engineering contractor.
Candidates will be asked to show how their experience demonstrates ability to:
- Analytical skills to assess complex problems and deliver appropriate solutions.
- Design of modular and embedded retaining walls, slope stability analysis & pile group analysis.
- Conversant with geotechnical analysis software like PLAXIS (2D&3D) SLOPE/W, WALLAP, PDISP & REPUTE.
- Experience of soil structure interaction work and numerical analysis would be an advantage.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).