Job description / Role
A large leading energy company based in Muscat are currently looking for a global head of taxation to come and join their experienced leadership team.
This position will lead the Group Tax organization, responsible to deliver various global tax projects. The position will provide coaching and mentoring to a diverse group of tax employees and be the primary communication link between the tax function and the business functions as it relates to tax.
This position is responsible for establishing the directions, project plans, and resource requirements to improve and manage the tax results, while balancing stakeholder interests, tax compliance and tax accounting impacts, transfer pricing, audit risks, foreign currency issues, etc.
* Establish, monitor and communicate internal tax policies and procedures to ensure appropriate documentation and internal controls to minimize tax risks and liabilities.
* Oversee delivery of full range of tax services; liaise, where appropriate, with outside tax consultants and advisors
* Direct the activities of Regional, Direct, Indirect Tax leads
Oversees (Direct & Indirect Tax):
* Tax planning strategies
* Filing of annual returns, extensions, and estimated tax payments
* Global tax compliance
* Support and lead tax controversies
* Monitor tax legislative changes (Direct & Indirect Tax)
* Oversees defence of company in -tax audits
* Provides resources, technology and support for Direct & Indirect Tax functions
* Determines and communicates to management the risks arising from Tax implications
* Identifies and leads efforts to pursue tax opportunities and refunds
* Ensure tax support for new business initiatives, mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, planning projects and corporate reorganizations
* Liaise with Value Partners, Shared Services, and other Centres of Excellence to provide seamless service delivery to customers.
* Identify gaps in process and optimise to gain efficiencies.
* Coordinates the Finance & Strategy function's strategic and tactical planning activities and monitors the department's performance against its objectives and performance metrics
* Works effectively with managers in areas of responsibility to ensure that department objectives, performance metrics, quality measures, and budget targets are achieved
* Fosters an environment in which employees are actively encouraged to identify and implement departmental and company-wide continuous and quality improvement initiatives
* Fulfils job duties and responsibilities in conformance with sound safety practices. Performs other related duties as assigned
* Utilizing foundational tax technical and business operations understanding, operates as key tax resource for business, crossing jurisdictions and functions
* Experience on highly visible, multi-disciplinary project teams or initiatives, provides thought leadership to tax department personnel as well as cross functional project teams
* Monitor, read and analyse tax law, identify issues and opportunities, make recommendations, develop solutions, create/manage execution plans, signoff authority for medium to high complexity projects and deliverables.
* Negotiates with Senior Management and tax authorities to achieve favourable corporate results.
* Demonstrated success in leading and driving solutions involving multiple layers of management, and multiple simultaneous deliverables
* Thrives when facing ambiguity and complexity; willingness to explore multiple solutions to a problem
* Solves unique problems with broad impact on the business, requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop alternatives and recommendations.
* Proactively identifies and solves the more complex problems.
* Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels.
Salary & Benefits
* 6,500 OMR
* Annual Flights
* Private medical insurance
* Annual Bonus
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.