Job description / Role
Our client is a leading construction company operating in Oman. Following the recent award of a major refurbishment contract across multiple sites, they are poised to enter an exciting phase of their expansion. To maintain their enviable reputation and to help ensure the efficient delivery of these projects, they are looking to appoint a Head of Construction.
• Responsible for overseeing all site operations.
• Monitoring progress of works and liaising with Project managers and other senior site staff to identify potential problems and to instigate measures to address them.
• Ensuring all works are carried out to the highest standard.
• Proposing and implementing initiatives to improve operational efficiency.
• Ensuring all sites have adequate resources to progress the works in a satisfactory manner.
• Overseeing the company Health and Safety policy and ensuring all site activities comply with the highest safety standards.
• Representing the company at progress review meetings and ensuring the company interests are protected.
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships with clients and consultants.
• Overseeing the company labour camp to ensure the welfare of all workers residing in the camp.
• Reporting to the company General Manager on all Operational issues.
OMR 4,500 to 5,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: + Bonus
• Minimum 20 years’ experience of which at least 5 years must have been in a similar position
• Track record managing numerous concurrent construction and refurbishment projects of varying size (small – medium works), scope and geographical spread, in a key position.
• Suitably qualified and a Member of a Professional Body, preferably Chartered Status
• Possess excellent client facing skills and can demonstrate through recent experiences
• Has a proactive, can-do approach and is able to deliver through people
• Previous experience working in Oman or the Middle East is desirable.
The salary on offer is up to OMR 5,000 per month + discretionary bonus up to 15%.
If you would like to be considered for the opportunity, please apply via this website.
About the Company
Having been established since 1973, there is no recruitment company more experienced and better connected than Ashbrittle.
When you make a confidential application to Ashbrittle, you can be assured that we will make every possible endeavour to provide you with a well researched choice of job opportunities.
Ignite Search & Selection
Construction Manager (Buildings)
|Abu Dhabi||8 Mar|
|Saudi Arabia||1 Apr|
Head of Major Projects (Senior Project Director)
|Saudi Arabia||10 Mar|
Senior Project Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)