Job description / Role
Ooredoo Oman Family Member:
As the Head of Devices you will be responsible for leading and managing the device team and all associated device business activities, developing and driving the devices business; the integration, deployment and launch along-side wider service and product offering. Offers strategic and technological thought leadership and expertise on devices; ultimately ensuring the company becomes the first choice destination for devices and services. Managing the device Inventory, forecasting & ordering to maximise a healthy inventory to drive product sales, driving & managing OO wholesale and distribution model maximising revenue and build long lasting partnership in Oman and other countries. Is pro-active in understanding industry best practice as well as new industry innovations and trends and be able to mix, match and synthesise those together with the aspirations of the company to match opportunities with needs.
You will be responsible of the following:
- End to end responsibility of a comprehensive device portfolio design for OO.
- End to end responsibility for portfolio management of CPE for mobile and fixed consumers, including CPE selection, roadmap definition, release management and lifecycle management.
- Lead market research and intelligence activities within devices category and introduce best practices from relevant comparable domains into the team and benchmark for OO - including but not limited to wearables, eSIM, smart home etc.
- Drives competitive analysis in order to bring about devices destination leadership and quick-to-market implementations while interpreting and predicting customer needs.
- Plan with executives and teams on best in class strategy for retail engagement in direct and indirect channels for devices representation.
- Drive online presence for devices / accessories and related items.
- Define customer journeys for device sales across channels for OO customers.
- Consult with marketing segment and communications, customer experience on product design and journey definitions.
- Lead the launch and lifecycle management for devices, accessories, wearables.
- Identify opportunities new product lines for OO in the device leadership space and in making OO a destination for devices.
- Lead the team for devices, sims, esims and accessories.
- Achieve device Revenue KPIs as per AOP.
- AOP planning, forecasting and budgeting in line with 3 year plan.
- Deliver best in class design for all OO touchpoints for devices.
- Deliver launch and OEM guidelines documents for all cross functional teams to support launches.
- Lead RFP and selection of partners / support eco system for devices.
- Contribute to reducing OPEX costs related to device launches.
- Analyse reports from market research and competition analysis to drive device partnership efficiencies.
- Manage all budgets allocated for devices and accessories and related products.
- Identify project obstacles (risks, issues and changes in scope) and support resolution / creation of mitigation plans.
- Ensure audit and legal requirements are met and fulfilled in order to ensure benefits of OO are never compromised.
- Ensure compliance with OO process requirements in order to ensure effective governance.
- Ensure updated and efficient information records and analysis in order to assist in unit planning, monitoring and performance management.
- Ensure CELM / RACI process adherence and proper gate wise process followed in order to avoid issues from non-compliance.
- Prepare project dashboard for presentation to the management.
- Good understanding of device sales, demand cycle, annual launch cycle for Tier 1 and 2 OEM partners.
- Plan and execute launch of key new devices with Sales / Comms and Marketing.
- Develop and Present progress reports to management.
- Support the Trade channel and Retail in showcasing OO as the leader in devices and making OO a pref destination for device.
- Managing effective cross functional working between the team and its stakeholders to ensure Time to market is on time every time.
- Ensure alliances with the OEM partners in order to define best in class usability for new devices and related services - like accessories / retail enablement.
- Work with Consumer segment / product team heads in order to devise the strategyto enable create improved customer satisfaction on devices and accessories.
- Develop healthy relationships with procurement/ finance / legal / regulatory in order to execute operations and define target processes.
- Prioritise work based upon return on priority, product uptake, short term / long term impact and overall strategic company goals.
- Manage new requirements for device procurement, device availability and execution of roll out.
- Manage the project plans for delivery.
- Manage stakeholder expectations.
You should have a minimum of 8 - 10 years overall working experience preferably in telecommunications or device distribution or OEMs, minimum 3-5 years experience in partnership management, distribution management design, 2-5 year experience of managing teams, good understanding of device ecosystem, experience in working channels direct and indirect including online, significant knowledge of latest trends , innovation, tracking record of defining successful strategic visions based upon competitive analysis, tracking record of project execution through driving high quality cross functional teams, fluent in written and spoken English - Arabic a plus with a degree in management, marketing, IT or a closely related field.
- Partnership management
- Partner ecosystem development
- Design Strategy Development
- Commercialisation of Products and Service
- Dashboard development
- Budget management
- Project management
- Communicating Effectively
- Business & financial Acumen
- Planning & Organising
- Analytical Thinking
- Relationship Building
- Strategic Thinking
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.