Job description / Role
This is a great opportunity to be the Head of Finance for a joint venture between one of Asia's largest food manufacturers & distributors, and a local specialist business.
Our client is international FMCG group with offices across Asia & the Middle East. They are one of the largest producers and retailers of processed food products with an established global presence. Our client is seeking a Head of Finance to manage the Company's Finance function in the Oman office and support the CEO in operational and strategic decision making.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
* Drive day-to-day business performance through timely release of accurate financial results and forecasts, analysis and monitoring of key business performance metrics including margin control, brand/ customer profitability, NPD, SKU rationalisation, etc.
* Facilitate structured business reviews.
* Lead general business planning support through analysis, budgeting, forecasting & cost control while improving existing procedures
* Safeguard company's assets.
* Ensure strict credit control.
* Monitor capital expenditure expansion for the Unit.
* Ensure physical verification of inventories and adequate insurance cover.
* Actively support development of 3-year Company Strategy Statement and Annual Operating Plan as per the guidelines.
* Lead/actively support cross functional cost optimisation, efficiency improvement, revenue/margin maximisation and other Company initiatives.
* Review all the activities of the Units and the related credit risk management activities in all the jurisdictions.
* Correctly ascertain company liabilities through continuous risk assessment.
* Ensure all statutory compliance are met including Income Tax.
* Facilitate company statutory and internal audits.
* Liaise with banks and negotiate with bankers for line of credit when required.
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary, all-inclusive of basic, housing and transport allowances. It offers the candidate a chance to work with a regional brand and progress in their career path.
The successful candidate must have the following:
* Any professional qualification (CA/CPA/ACCA/ CIMA/ICWA or equivalent).
* MBA with specialisation in Finance will be an added advantage
* Minimum 10 years relevant experience with at least 5 years in a medium/ large sized FMCG business
* Expert knowledge of financial accounting, business analysis, business planning, forecasting, costing, treasury and taxation
* Exposure to ERP systems (SAP, Oracle etc.)
* Effective communication and presentation skills. Ability to interact with Board/Senior Management.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Regional Finance Controller
Group Financial Controller
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Excelsior Group ME
Head of Finance - International FM Business