Job description / Role
Senior role heading up the Bank's Internal Audit function, with significant responsibility over developing internal controls, risk identification & reporting, policy implementation, compliance, and fraud & forgery framework.
Large multinational bank with a large presence in Muscat, Oman.
* Providing advice, guidance, support and challenge to the units to ensure the implementation of the bank's ICU/Fraud & Forgery Framework by embedding a proactive risk and control culture throughout the organization.
* Liaison with internal audit and external bodies, including regulators, to ensure the Bank will be able to comply with regulatory requirements and policy frameworks
* Develop the annual Internal Control Plan, prioritize reviews and investigations and manage the coverage of all areas (geographical and operational) in the allocated timelines in order to ensure effective controls are in place
* Dedicated to providing Management information and key insight into the activities of this area, specially using fraud MIS, seeking trends that identify risk and issue so that operational risks that may impact the business are proactively identified, evaluated and controlled.
* Aid the implementation of departmental policy and advise and train staff on Bank's policies, methodologies and tools for greater functional controls from within
* Provide regular updates/reports to Senior Team members / Unit Heads on performance of the department and ensure closure of all outstanding issues for better controls
* Motivate staff and establish a congenial work environment and share regular feedback to ensure the team is geared to deliver on the required objectives
* Demonstrate strong leadership skills by providing the necessary technical and operational support to the various sub-units of ICU at the different geographies
There is plenty of progression on offer, and this role will also offer you huge responsibility over the bank's Internal Audit function and a real opportunity to add value and operate in a more commercial capacity.
* The successful candidate will come from a strong Internal Audit background and have an excellent track record in leading internal audit & controls processes for large financial services institutions/international banks.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Director of Internal Audit
Big Fish Recruitment
Head of Internal Audit - General Insurance
Internal Audit Director
|Saudi Arabia||1 Apr|
Head of Internal Audit (Market & Operational Risk)
Head of Internal Audit