Job description / Role
The role oversees the bank's overall risk function - this includes credit risk, liquidity risk, operational risk and market risk. The role will build risk and control awareness by embedding robust risk management across all areas of the bank.
The client is a multinational bank headquartered in Asia. With over 15,000 employees and founded in 1941, the bank has a solid track record in the region and is looking to grow their team.
* Proactively provide risk management advice across the group, proactively identifying emerging risks including credit, operational, liquidity, and market risk.
* Reporting on key risks, including agreeing mitigating controls and escalating other risks (e.g. in relation to specific deals)
* Overseeing risk reporting to the Board on risk management best practice
* Conducting reviews of current or emerging high risk and high profile activities, particularly in overseas territories.
* Ensuring that risk management is embedded at an operational level within the business and that staff at all levels are aware of and manage risk as a core part of their responsibilities
* Excellent exposure
* Senior level role
* 4-5+ years of risk management experience (credit risk preferred)
* Relevant education qualifications such as a Bachelors and/or MBA
* CISI or similar qualification preferred
* Excellent communication skills
* Omani national preferred
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.