Job description / Role
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Head of Service at our General Distributor in Muscat, Oman. You will be responsible for managing the Mercedes-Benz service centre for Passenger Cars as well as Commercial Vehicles. With your solid automotive service experience and management capabilities you will lead the service team to provide outstanding customer experience with our workshop services. This will drive high customer satisfaction and profitable workshop business.
• Develop a detailed budget and business plan for the service department which is in line with the after-sales strategy and objectives
• Continually review and monitor the progress of the business related KPIs
• Ensure that all service opportunities are maximised, customer follow up procedures exist and targets for profit and Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) are met
• Monitor the local market regarding the service business, implement and review regularly an effective marketing plan for service
• Ensure consistent quality of work, processes, repairs, and advisory according Mercedes-Benz standards
• Ensure that the warranty and goodwill processes and documentation are according the manufacturers standards
• Ensure that the image and levels of customer service is in line with company standards and that all customer complaints are handled professionally, monitor regularly customer satisfaction (CSI)
• Ensure compliance with the legal regulations on environmental protection, occupational safety and health protection as well as fire protection
• Recruit, develop and motivate high performing staff and facilitate a working environment for good employee satisfaction
• 10 years’ working experience in the Service department within the automotive industry
• 5 years’ working experience as Senior Service Manager / Head of Service within the prestige automotive industry is essential
• Training in mechanical, electrical or automotive engineering or as master automotive technician
• C-Management Certification or equivalent (e.g. IMI) will be beneficial
• Solid knowledge and experience in the operational running of a workshop
• Solid Mercedes-Benz product knowledge
• Solid knowledge of customer relationship management
• Knowledge of business administration and marketing
• Middle East experience will be beneficial
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Up-to-date knowledge of vehicle legislation and trade practices
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and motivate the service team and to deal with all types of customers
• Highly visible and hands on leadership style
If you have the skills and experience required for this role, we look forward to hearing from you.
About the Company
Daimler is one of the world’s most successful automotive companies. With its divisions, Mercedes-Benz Cars, Daimler Trucks, Mercedes-Benz Vans, Daimler Buses and Daimler Financial Services, the Daimler Group is one of the largest producers of premium cars and the world’s leading manufacturer of commercial vehicles, with global reach.
Daimler Middle East & Levant is our Regional Office based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates from where we steer and further develop our business throughout the region, supporting markets such as the GCC countries (including Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi-Arabia, and the UAE) as well as Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq.
Search & Selection at Daimler Middle East & Levant is supporting our General Distributors and Dealers in finding the right talent for the right job; we are always looking for exceptional and passionate individuals to join our General Distributor and Dealer network.