Head of Tendering and Proposals - MEP Contracting
Job description / Role
Aquila Consulting are working in partnership with an MEP Construction company based in Oman, currently seeking an experienced MEP Estimation and Tendering Manager who will be responsible for directing company-wide estimating & tendering and all associated activities related to tender preparation and submittal.
- Establish and implement “best practices” and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Study, analyze and evaluate tender documents from a technical point of view in order to identify risk factors, ensuring that technical terms comply with the relevant standards for the overall risk assessment and bid decision.
- Solicit and follow-up with the design/ drafting section during tender preparation for method optimizing in order to reach cost efficiency.
- Review and finalizes project cost estimates as prepared by the Estimation Engineers in terms of the required material as per bill of quantities, amount of work, material/ equipment/ and manpower requirements during the tendering phase.
- Liaise with the Procurement department to negotiate with approved vendors / suppliers and subcontractors for various supplies / material as per project (pre/post tender).
- Finalize estimation of all direct and indirect costs and consolidates tender documents for management review and approval.
- Provide all the necessary project clarifications/ information upon project award to the Project Manager as per the project budget; advise the Project Manager on contractual rights, remedies which has been taken into consideration during tendering.
- Generate weekly tender status reports highlighting progress on concerned tenders.
- Prepare and generates monthly progress reports highlighting tender wins/ losses (indicating reasons) for review and verification of management.
- Advise in determining types of projects to bid, strategies, techniques, etc.
- Assign estimating work, coach, mentor and provide technical support to estimating team.
- Coordinate with estimating & planning engineers to resolve design/system conflicts as well as coordinates overall scope of work during proposal phase.
- Evaluate subcontractor and vendor proposals.
- Review final estimate packages for accuracy and completeness prior to formal quote.
- Participate in pre-bid meetings and corporate/client presentation meetings as required.
- Ensure historical data is documented and archived on each quoted project.
- Maintain databases of standard material costs and various market pricing models.
- Manage and monitors the performance of direct report and provides guidance as and when required.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering,
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in MEP construction estimating/ tendering preferably in GCC.
- Expert knowledge of estimating strategies and techniques, and construction contracts, FIDIC and UAE standards and regulations.
- Strong MS Office skills and advanced knowledge of construction estimating. software programs.
- Market survey/analysis and establishing contacts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
About the Company
Aquila Consulting is a Dubai based talent recruitment company established by individuals with unrivalled recruitment expertise in Global Search and Selection. We offer our clients a partner-centric, personalised, and mature approach to focusing and delivering on their international talent requirements.
What makes us stand out from the crowd is the rigor and passion we bring to the recruitment process. We offer unparalleled performance, transparency, and advocacy, taking the time to fully understand your organisational vision, culture, structure and leadership needs.
Aquila Consulting pride ourselves on seamlessly delivering the most efficient time and cost saving recruitment solution for your business.