Job description / Role
• Policy Clarifications: Explains HR policies and procedures to line managers and employees and coordinates with them to drive the implementation of policies and procedures.
• Regularly conducts employee presentations and roundtables and ensures appropriate follow-up as necessary.
• Responsible for Company internal communication to improve awareness and motivation of employees.
• Acts as a single point of the contact for the employees and managers in the business unit.
• Proactively supports the delivery of HR Processes at the client’s side.
• Manages complex and difficult HR Projects cross-functionally.
• Builds a strong business relationship with the internal client.
• Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implement changes necessary to cover risks.
• Recruits personally the key talents for the internal client.
• Facilitates the management team to bring best solutions for employees.
• Acts as the performance improvement driver and provokes positive changes in the people management.
• Designs succession plans for key talents and key job positions.
• Challenges the organizational structure of the internal client and proposes changes.
• Manages and leads a team of HR Consultants.
• Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers. to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
• Setting compensation and benefit strategy, and maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets;
• Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
• Promotes privacy awareness, manages and oversees the deployment of Data Protection requirements and the Company's Privacy Strategy
• 5 years of hardcore HR experience, out of which 2 years should have been in supervisory capacity.
• University degree, preferably in Human Resource Management.
• Knowledge of labor and pension laws. Effective interpersonal and communication skills. IT/PC literate.
• Leading by example: Strongly protects and acts as guardian to our Values, Policies and HR Principles and encourages employees to do the same.
• Visible and accessible: Is visible, approachable and available to all employees.
• Results oriented: Delivers the right thing, on time, with quality and accuracy. Must have good communication skills.
• Excellent Interpersonal and Customer oriented skills.
• Strong Communication skills (written and verbal).
• Talented and Enjoy working with people.
• Creative Thinker and Team player.
• The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail.
• Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft Office.
About the Company
Situated on the southeastern seaboard of the Sultanate of Oman, overlooking the Arabian Sea and the Indian Ocean beyond, Port of Duqm is fast becoming an important reality of the Middle East region’s rapidly transforming maritime landscape. With its deep draft, lengthy quay walls, and expansive basin, Port of Duqm has the trappings of a world-class, multipurpose commercial gateway. And as the principal anchor of a huge Special Economic Zone envisioned at Duqm, it also has the potential to develop into one of the Middle East’s largest ports over the long term.
At the heart of Port of Duqm’s appeal is its strategic geopolitical location, far removed from Strait of Hormuz and the Arabian Gulf. It is this advantageous location that the Omani government seeks to leverage as it sets out to position Duqm as a safe, stable and business-friendly destination for industrial and economic investment. Indeed, the Sultanate of Oman – and the Port of Duqm in particular – stand to reap the benefits of the country’s international reputation as an oasis of tranquility and standard-bearer of regional peace and reconciliation.
Underscoring Port of Duqm’s strategic importance is its planned development into an integrated, multimodal logistics hub, encompassing the maritime, road, air and rail modes of transportation. An airport is under construction at Duqm, while a proposed rail-based freight and passenger transportation network, will eventually link this industrial port city with the national rail system. Utilities and services are also modern, effectively providing investors with an unrivalled setting to do business. Free-trade agreements (FTAs) with Gulf Arab states, the United States, as well as a host of other nations, add to Oman’s investment appeal.