Job description / Role
HSE Advisor will support the project to meet the requirements of the Health, Safety and Environment Management systems. The role will also involve assisting the site teams and managers by recognizing hazards and seeking to minimize risks whilst creating, maintaining and improving the health, safety and environmental standards.
As a health and safety advisor he will be responsible for preventing accidents, injuries and health problems in the workplace.
• Prepare HSE statistics for daily /weekly/monthly report.
• Attend construction and safety meetings and discuss safety issues with Site Manager, Safety lead and all staff.
• Prepare safety induction systems for employees and monitor employee attendance at safety meetings, courses etc.
• Organize First Aid Training for all employees.
• Prepare safety award system.
• Perform other tasks and duties as directed by the project HSE Lead
• Candidates must have strong HSE experience working with in oil & gas field on desert site construction locations.
• Monitor and control the implementation of company HSE Management system throughout all operation Management levels.
• Assists with the development and implementation of safe operating and emergency procedures.
• Takes an active role in the implementation of the permit to work system and provides independent oversight by reviewing selected permits issued to operations personnel.
• Conducts regular safety inspections of operating plant and equipment.
• Participates in incident investigations, including near misses, property damage, injuries, occupational illness and spills.
• Assists with the maintenance of incident record keeping system.
• Ensures that safety equipment and facilities are kept in best working condition by developing and implementing equipment inspection and preventive maintenance programs, setting up efficient record keeping systems of all equipment under my responsibility and recommends the replacement of the faulty equipment.
• Keeps abreast of new developments, safe working practices, government regulations and relevant international codes of practice
• Participate and assist in conducting JHA’S & Risk Assessment for all critical jobs and new projects on site.
• Coordinates the occupational health and safety activities assigned with staff and contractors to ensure compliance with Operations objectives, policies and procedures, within area of responsibility.
• Analyze immediate & basic causes and recommend corrective & preventive measures, keeping area management informed, and ensure implementation of approve ones.
• Prepare monthly statistics report of all accident/near misses in area of responsibility
• Mentors personnel regarding HSE policies, procedures and standards to promote understanding and implementation consistent with Company goals and objectives.
• Mentors personnel regarding national and local HSE regulations associated with construction activities in addition to all the operational surrounding areas.
• Works with Training Team and HSE management to define HSE goals, priorities and KPIs.
• Assists in preparation and review of permits; reviews hazard and precautions with workers for same.
• Participates in audits and inspections.
• Works with HSE Lead to develop training plans in accord with the Training Plans as well as regulatory and client requirements.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by the HSE Manager.
• A minimum of 6 years’ experience in HSE advisory role.
• Preferably have 4 years’ work experience of Construction in oil and gas industry in GCC.
• B-Tech or Diploma in fields of Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, and Electrical Civil.) or related field preferred.
• Must possess NEBOSH IGC/ diploma or equivalent qualification.
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
HSE / Safety Manager
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Swisslinx Middle East
Project HSE Manager
Beaconhouse School System
|Saudi Arabia||3 Feb|