Job description / Role
• Facilitate the project team in embedding HSE requirements at each stage for safe delivery of the project
• Project manager in reviewing contractor projects HSE cases, Interface documents, construction schedules and HSE Plans.
• Drive a culture of Goal Zero (no incidents) performance through all stages of project delivery
• Maintain effective working relationships with the asset HSE team, project managers/engineers and construction contractor managers & HSE specialists across the site to ensure that all construction HSE aspects are covered and HSE accountability is clearly understood
• Identify, risk assess and recommend controls for HSE hazards and share lessons learned to facilitate continuous risk reduction to ALARP during all phases of the project.
• Maintain an oversight on contractors to ensure the HSE Plans are implemented
• Coordinate with the project team and contractors in the management of incidents including reporting, investigation, management reviews, lessons learned, etc.
• Lead HSE in contracts management, development of HSE requirements for contracts and support contract holders in their roles pre and post contract award.
• Collaborate with counterparts in HSE team and other projects to standardise and share best practices across locations
• Participate in design risk studies such as HAZOPs, HAZIDs, or any other study as appropriate.
• Conduct bow-tie verification exercises when necessary
• Participate in HSE audits, including the preparation and facilitation of audit team requirements
• Ensure contractors/subcontractors comply with Omani HSE legal requirements and that their HSE management is in place to perform the work safely through effective HSE risked-based plans and HSE interface-bridging documents and monitor their effectiveness
• Ensure contractor activities undergo health risk assessment to allow for adequate implementation of controls
• Ensure that waste management practices are carried out based on the principles of eliminate, remove, reduce, reuse, recycle and recover
• Track all project HSE related actions into an action tracking file and report progress
• Advise on project HSE performance and identify opportunities for improvement
• Ensure continuous contractor performance monitoring and improvement
• Timely deliver support and documentation required for the project for all HSE aspects
• Provide HSE support and advice to all HSE Engineering aspects of the projects
• Undertake safety pre-qualification and tender evaluation reviews of prospective contractors
• Assessment of prospective contractors to meet requirements as early as possible in the tendering cycle.
• Bachelor Degree (Engineering or HSE) or equivalent.
• NEBOSH IGC certificate.
• Member of professional HSE institution would be a plus.
• 10 years of experience in an HSE role, at least 5 of which are in the upstream Oil & Gas industry.
• Fully conversant with international HSE codes and practices.
• Holding GCC driving license would be a plus.
• Process safety & project management experience is essential.
• Accreditation as HSE Auditor OSHAS 18001.
• Experience in oil & gas project management.
• Skilled in applying risk management techniques, audit management and incident investigation and analysis
• A self-starter with a delivery oriented attitude
• Good communication skills, with ability to generate reports and present information
• Ability to work in a multi discipline, multi-cultural team
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Thorough understanding of oil and gas construction HSE issues
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.