Job description / Role
Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you design the unthinkable?
Can you think international and still act local?
WSP are looking for HSE Engineers to join our Power Transmission & Distribution projects in Oman.
The candidate shall be responsible for;
- Implementing, monitoring and reviewing the HSE Plan on site
- Monthly reports to Project Management on HSE Performance
- Providing expert advice to Project Management, Engineers, etc.
- Conducting HSE Site Induction and provide safe methods of work when required
- Holding Safety Briefings & HSE meetings
- Monitor the work sites for unsafe practices and behaviours
- Checking observance of the permit to work systems as required
- Conducting and taking part in incident investigation
- Providing advice and expertise on (PPE) and safety equipment
- Participating in internal HSE reviews and HSE site inspections and Audits
- Participating in risk evaluation and risk reduction
- Monitoring compliance with occupational health standards and welfare arrangements
We would like to hear from qualified Safety Engineers who have worked on large substation projects. Successful candidate should be a degree qualified with minimum 8 years of relevant experience and should be familiar with relevant international standards.
The candidate shall have relevant experience in working on a Substation Projects and should have Knowledge of health & safety requirements and compliance. Candidate should have relevant experience of working on major transmission projects involving supervision, inspection, erection of substations, buildings, cable trenches, steel structures and covering all aspects of procedures, method statements, HSE plans and safety rules.
We would like to speak with creative, positive, people focused individuals who are proactive and results-driven. If have a passion for new technology, and thrive upon ‘thinking out of the box’ to develop and deliver solutions to complex problems, then WSP is the place for you.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.