Job description / Role
The Human Resource Assistant helps the Human Resource Manager and Public Relation Officer by completing several different administrative tasks; managing incoming job applications, scheduling interviews and assisting current employees with their queries. Although the Human Resources Assistant often works in the shadows, the role is crucial to ensure the success of departmental activities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc.).
• Support all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
• Submit employee data reports by assembling, preparing and analyzing data.
• Maintain employee information by entering, updating employment and status-change data in the school Human Resources database.
• Provide secretarial support by entering, formatting and printing information, organizing work, answering the telephone; relaying messages, maintaining equipment and supplies.
• Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping Human Resources information confidential.
• Maintain a high quality of service by following organizational standards.
• Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing publications.
• Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Coordinate Human Resource projects (meetings, training, surveys, etc.) and keep detailed minutes.
• Facilitate employee requests regarding Human Resources issues, rules and regulations.
• Handle employee complaints and grievance procedures with the utmost care and respect.
• Take daily tours around the facility to ensure that all staff are adhering to dress code and are doing their jobs.
• Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
• Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
• Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
• Watch attendance on a daily basis and send emails to staff that are violating the attendance policies and procedures.
• Holds a bachelor’s or higher diploma degree in a relevant field.
• Fluent in English and Arabic
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Required to complete and pass a training assessment
About the Company
Al Shomoukh International School (SIS) is a new KG to Grade 12 global school in Muscat. Established by Global Education Services (GES) the school opened for the 2015/16 school year in Al Hail.
A new school has been constructed and, combined with an international curriculum and excellent staff, the school intends to become one of the outstanding international schools in Muscat. It will draw students from both the local Omani and expatriate community. Both will be rewarded with an education experience of the highest order.
The school will be a beacon of international educational excellence for local and expatriate male and female students using English as the medium of instruction. Classes will be a maximum of 25 students.