Job description / Role
Purpose of the Job
• Initiate, plan, implement, and manage IM&T application projects from conception to closure within scope, cost and time ensuring delivery of intended business value.
• Budget Direct responsibility for CapEx spend of about USD 5Million per annum.
• Subordinates - Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and responsible for contractor staff.
• Interfaces Internal: Exploration & Production (E&P) business unit (Portfolio) managers, Team leads and Consultants, Corporate functional discipline heads (CFDH), Business analysts, developers, testers and project managers. Supply chain managers for contracting & procurement. Project management office for PM standards and processes. In addition, other IM&T sections such as strategy, security and compliance.
• External: Vendors, Contractors and Consultants both locally and internationally. Shell managers and Shell IT community
• Customers IM&T Users (8000+); E&P Portfolio teams and Corporate functions and disciplines
• Identify stakeholders and Initiate, Plan, Execute, Monitor/Control and Close projects in accordance with company project management methodology and guidelines
• Develop work breakdown structure (WBS), estimate resources, cost and schedule
• Coordinate with cross discipline team members internally and externally to ensure that all parties are aligned with project objectives, requirements, budgets, deadlines, and schedule.
• Manage multiple projects whilst maintaining quality and customer satisfaction.
• Manage feasibility studies, Proof of concepts, technology trials and activities
• Engage with stakeholders to identify, assess, monitor and mitigate project risks and issues.
• Manage contracts under area of responsibility and ensure adherence to company contracting and procurement guidelines.
• Manage project resources and liaise with other functional teams to acquire the resources on time and as planned
• Submit project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to company quality standards.
• Prepare status reports by gathering, analyzing and summarizing relevant information.
• Manage effective communication plans and ensuring their execution. Capture and distribution of meeting minutes and follow-up actions.
• Facilitate integrated change controls to ensure that all stakeholders are informed of the impact on scope, schedule and/or budget.
• Coordinate the development of user manuals, training materials and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and handover of the application to the clients.
• Obtain customer acceptance of project deliverables and provide acceptance on contractor deliverables.
• Conduct post project evaluation when needed and identify lessons learnt.
• Report to tender boards, senior management, project steering committees and other company governance committees on project status, variance to baseline, corrective action and recovery plan.
• Ensure all project and contract related documentation are accurately produced, published and stored in accordance to the Project Management Office and company guidelines.
• HSE Management: Ensure adherence/compliance with company HSE Policy.
• A bachelor’s degree or master degree in Computing,Engineering,Science or related field
• Minimum 7 years of experience in IM&T applications project management
• Possession of project management certification. Preferably PMP certification
• Proven track record and experience in successfully managing IM&T application projects
• Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion
• Strong understanding and knowledge of formal project management methodologies, project life cycle and industry best practises, software development lifecycle.
• Ability to proactively identify, analyse, mitigate and monitor project risks and issues
• Proven record of accomplishment and experience in managing contracting and procurement process. Managing pre and post contract award activities ranging from RFPs, tenders to contract award and contract management.
• Proven track record and experience in managing project budgeting
• Ability to communicate at all levels from junior staff to senior management. Possession of excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in project management tools such as MS project, MS Office
• Experience is managing IM&T application projects in Exploration and Production industry domain
• Knowledge in Agile Project management methodology– Preferably SCRUM certified
• Experience in managing Data Analytics or Digitalization projects
About the Company
Vision Advanced Petroleum Solutions (VAPS) is a professional petroleum engineering consultancy and services that has been established in 2008 with employees of over 30 years of experience in the sector of Oil&Gas upstream business.
Our extensive experience in the oil and gas industry has enabled us to gain remarkable position where we are able to deliver practical and cost effective solutions.
Our vision is to become the lead solutions provider for the oil and gas sector in the globe.