Job description / Role
• Review and analyze new business functional requirements and provide alternative solutions with pros and cons of each alternative including the impact analysis on solution and process integrity
• Assess work ability of proposed designs in the SAP development system and provide feedback to Process Architects and System Architects
• Customize the system according to the approved requirements (configuration activities with resulted unit and integration testing)
• Prepare functional specs for new development objects
• Participate in business blueprint workshops and identify issues and gaps
• Ensure integration between the modules (implication of system configuration throughout the different modules)
• Prepare and execute unit and integration test plans and assist in user acceptance testing, dry runs and regression testing)
• Document implemented functional requirements (process flows, conceptual and detailed design documents, blueprint presentations, Q&A, training material, testing scenarios/scripts, etc.)
• Plan and execute the design and development of reports, forms, interfaces and conversions
• Provide resolution and support of escalated incident calls. Escalate to 3rd level (vendor) when necessary
• Conduct root cause analysis and manage problems for the entire lifecycle and assess efficiency and effectiveness of Problem Management
• Help research OSS notes database software related problems, escalate issues, find the right fix for the problem, then apply and coordinate testing & documenting solutions
• Use and maintain up-to-date information in the Incident Management System (HP Service Desk)
• Document all existing processes of specialized domain in SolMan and activate
• systematic process monitoring to analyze and optimize process efficiency and system performance
• Provide subject matter expertise and support process architects and project managers during the project life-cycle
• Check configuration changes after go-live and perform configuration audits
• Ensure compliance with responsibilities and accountabilities summarized in the HSE Policy, Commitment and Accountabilities booklet (the latest version)
• Implementation and adherence to the requirements of the HSE management System as specified in the CP 122 as HSE – MS Procedure and items cascaded from this document by the team leader
• Use effective communication and interpersonal skills to provide customer focused BI service and ensure BI is used effectively
• Ability to work with and influence a wide range of people in different departments and teams to embrace and leverage the tool to enable the business achieve its goals
• Capability to work on strategic as well as detailed functional and technical level
Purpose of the Job
Subject Matter Expert in the area of SAP solution (Technical Bi). Responsible for designing, customising and implementing Business Intelligence embedment improvements, performance management and advance analytics to support company business goals. Maintain system stability and performance. Support process architects in implementation of projects. Responsible for the resolution of escalated support issues related to SAP related area.
• Budget - None
• Customers - Functional areas (Finance; Contracts, Procurement, Logistics; Ops Eng, Wells, HR). Approximately 8000 users
• Subordinates - None
• Systems - SAP ECC, SAP HANA. SAP HR, BW/BI, Solution Manager, GRC, and SAP Portal.
• Focus Areas: Technical: Design & customization of Business Warehouse/Business Intelligence. Creation of reports, queries and info cubes
• Functional (business): Cross functional and integration knowledge of SAP, Contracts, Procurement & Logistics, Finance & Control, Operations, Engineering and HR
• Minimum of 7 years of SAP experience in specialized domain (Business Intelligence, Performance management and advance analytics)
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent.
• Previous Oil & Gas Industry Experience is a plus
• SAP delivery support experience.
• Hands-on involvement in a minimum of 2 Full Cycle SAP Implementations
• SAP Certification in specialized SAP Modules.
• Good technical SAP BI skills (Business Objects tools)
• Good analytical ability and strong appreciation of integration aspects
• Strong knowledge of business processes in specialized domain with good knowledge of other functional areas of EP business
• Good management, communication, presentation, facilitation, interpersonal and teamwork skills (PMI certification is an asset)
• Service oriented and customer focused
About the Company
Vision Advanced Petroleum Solutions (VAPS) is a professional petroleum engineering consultancy and services that has been established in 2008 with employees of over 30 years of experience in the sector of Oil&Gas upstream business.
Our extensive experience in the oil and gas industry has enabled us to gain remarkable position where we are able to deliver practical and cost effective solutions.
Our vision is to become the lead solutions provider for the oil and gas sector in the globe.