Job description / Role
• Lead a team of assistant engineers and/or maintenance technicians to ensure maintenance of the plant Instrument & Control and process related equipment to meet the requirements of the WPA, OMA and EHS requirements.
• EHS – provide support and guidance for all related activities. Ensure full compliance at all times.
• Work Method Statements - Able to produce detailed specifications to enable quality work, maintenance contracts and PO’s to be sourced and awarded.
• Maintenance Plan - Prepare and implement a master maintenance plan for all instrument and control and process equipment on the plant. This includes for scheduled and routine work.
• Effective use of the CMMS to schedule work, store maintenance records and control stock inventory.
• Documentation - Develop and update Standard Operating Procedures. Work Method Statements, Risk Assessment for all maintenance activities. Produce necessary reports as required.
• Corrective Maintenance – ability to diagnose, trouble shoot and calibrate all plant instruments, and all related process plant issues promptly and rectify using Root Cause Analysis [RCA] techniques. Respond to work promptly during plant breakdowns and incidents.
• Predictive Maintenance – develop and implement a PM program. Trend and interpret all results and provide report.
• Plant Defects – prepare, review and update punch lists. Follow up on all defects and expedite corrective action.
• Contractors – organize and effect Contractors for all necessary I&C and process work. Be it scheduled, routine and corrective maintenance to meet related industry standards.
• Maintenance Tools & Equipment – identify and procure / hire / supply under contract adequate Instrument measuring tools, calibration tools, appliances and machines required for I&C / process maintenance
• Training – develop an effect training program to ensure all Instrument, control and process equipment can be maintained effectively by the I&C staff
• Ensure sufficient stock or have access to spare parts and consumables for all I&C equipment to effect routine, scheduled and corrective maintenance..
• Statutory Licenses – Monitor, schedule and effect all work to ensure any license renewal is attained in a timely manner.
• Continuous Plant Improvements – identify and put forward for approval detailed projects. To improve business processes, efficiency, cost saving, water quality and quantity, and enhance safety.
• Accept ad hoc assignments given by management
• Degree in Instrument and Control Engineering from a recognized education institution
• Minimum 8-10 years of experience in instrument and control / process equipment in a process related industry
• Experienced in maintenance of I&C equipment, such as thermocouples, transmitters, control valves and actuators, DCS
• Experience in trouble shooting, fault finding and calibration
• Working experience in the maintenance of water treatment industry, power or oil & gas industries and good understanding of design/installation/T&C will be added advantage
• Must be able to read engineering drawings, computer literate and familiar with Microsoft programs and its software
• Experienced in the use of a CMMS program for optimal maintenance practices
• Possess good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Able to work individually, in a team and effectively in a multidisciplinary environment
• Able to understand, speak, read and write in English is essential.
About the Company
A global leader in sustainable solutions.