Job description / Role
Purpose of the Job
To conduct both first line and corrective maintenance and troubleshooting of specialized instrument and control systems. This job includes detailed and independent execution of RCA, trends analytics and working with vendors to optimize reliability and availability of equipment and systems.
• Execute all assigned general control and automation activities (PM & CM) in a safe and operation standard.
• Provide specialist inputs for control and automation equipment applications and problem solving.
• Calibrate, trouble-shoot and analyse field control and automation equipment during abnormal conditions
• Systematically carry out diagnosis of various meters and analysers’ types’ application and operation maintenance (calibration/testing/configuration) and ability to estimate the effect when parameters change.
• Conduct routine maintenance and operation of all pressure, flow, temperature and pressure measuring and controlling instrument equipment
• Maintain and monitor performance of all Alarm and Shutdown Detection devices and equipment
• Test and inspect all control and automation, fire and gas, ASD etc equipment
• Apply Field Change Proposal (FCP) system to improve all general control and automation performance.
• Record all preventive and corrective maintenance findings, breakdowns, feedbacks and improvements in SAP.
• Provide feedback and improvement inputs on Maintenance Craft Procedures and Maintenance Plans to the Maintenance Support Department.
• Provide commissioning assistance and support for rejuvenation or new project(s).
• Deputise as Maintenance Supervisor in the incumbent’s absence
• Evaluate, implement, modify and troubleshoot standard (vs. complex) control system architectures that include field measurement, safety system, third party integration, advanced process control, real time optimization, process control domain security infrastructure, data historian and integration with business applications.
• Specify the communication network required for transfer of process data within the process control domain and to the office network and public domain taking into consideration alternatives like satellite communication, fibre optic, local communication network systems or dedicated radio communication systems
• Evaluate, configure, modify and troubleshoot other types of monitoring, control and safeguarding systems.
• Typical monitoring of control systems that includes Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), specialty HMI systems, tank gauging systems, custody transfer systems, communications, and flare instrumentation systems.
• Maintain all associated hardware and software to PDO’s standards and procedures
• Review the performance of alarm management systems, troubleshoot and implement improvements and/or recommend fit for purpose corrective actions
• HND/HNC in Technical Studies or equivalent studies in plant maintenance specifically in instrumentation.
• At least 10 years relevant experience in E&P in oil, especially in Sour Oil/Sour Gas/Steam Generation facilities
• Proven competence in general control and automation equipment
• Proven safety experience/training regarding sour oil and gas operations and maintenance.
• Familiar with PTW, confined space entry, lock open/lock close valves, operating integrity, H2S/SO2, personal protective equipment, etc.
• Physically able to climb stairs and perform maintenance work under air supplied breathing equipment.
• Working in temperature extremes or adverse weather conditions.
• Working in a high H2S / Temperature environment
• To implement innovative and cost effective production techniques on a diverse facility range.
• Ability to work in a challenging and stressful environment throughout the commissioning and start-up of the project.
• Working in Day/Night shift.
• Working in complex sour facility including novel and complex units such as steam (with power generation), CLAUS Sulphur Plant and Cansolv tail gas clean up.
Key Job Competence Profile references
• Routine maintenance and operation of pressure, level, flow and temperature measurements and controls - Skill
• Routine maintenance and operation of the alarm and shutdown system - Skill
• Routine maintenance and operation of fire and gas detection devices and equipment - Skill
• Routine maintenance and operation of the production measurements systems - Skill
• Maintain and performance monitoring of pressure, temperature, flow and level measurements and controls systems - Skill
• Testing & inspection of pressure, temperature, flow and level measurements and controls systems - Skill
About the Company
Vision Advanced Petroleum Solutions (VAPS) is a professional petroleum engineering consultancy and services that has been established in 2008 with employees of over 30 years of experience in the sector of Oil&Gas upstream business.
Our extensive experience in the oil and gas industry has enabled us to gain remarkable position where we are able to deliver practical and cost effective solutions.
Our vision is to become the lead solutions provider for the oil and gas sector in the globe.