Job description / Role
To perform Construction activities and deliverables for the project and ensure timely completion to the required quality standards. Also, Oversight of all instrument construction activities.
• Reinforce on a daily basis Incident and Injury Free Safety Culture for all onsite and offsite based construction and fabrication activities. In conjunction with the contractor and HSSE Advisors promote and maintain a sustainable safety culture on the project so that safety is a natural part of all work performed.
• Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
• Oversee on site instrument construction and coordinate with contractors including sub-contractors and vendors as necessary to meet schedule requirements.
• Oversee on site instrument installation, vendor packages and packaged equipment and coordinate with contractors including sub-contractors and vendors as necessary to meet schedule requirements.
• Continuously review proposed contractors’ manpower levels and craft mix to ensure attainment of critical schedule milestones can be maintained in discipline areas.
• Review contractor's installation and erection procedures and approve as required.
• Ensure that all field instrument construction is executed in an integrated way in accordance with the project specifications, schedules, cost estimates, procedures, quality requirements and safety standards.
• Provide direction and support to the Contractors on site related construction activities including quality and schedule related issues.
• Ensure Contractor performs construction work in accordance with HSSE and Quality requirements.
• Participate in risk reviews and tool box talks with contractor's work force and assist with the development of mitigation plans for all major areas of risk.
• Be fully conversant with the drawings, specifications and procedures relevant to the control and instrumentation construction.
• Assure the effective and efficient management of the construction change control process, such that changes are correctly documented and approved prior to the work being implanted.
• Ensure that all systems of Quality Assurance are adhered to and assist the project Quality Assurance function in the completion of site system test sheets and the test dossier.
• Continuous over sight of contractor’s materials storage facilities ensure materials consumables and equipment storage/preservation is in accordance with manufacturers and OEM recommendations.
• Coordinate with operations team for smooth PTW management and resolve issues and conflicts
• Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Ensure to Work safely and think proactively about personal safety and safety of others at work
• Actively participate in, contribute to, and promote company occupational health, safety, security and environment culture.
• Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Company HSE and Security policies and procedures and meet company HSE goals and targets, and participate in HSE programs.
• Minimum Higher Diploma in Instrument Engineering with 10 years’ experience or Bachelor in Instrument Engineering with 5 years’ experience.
• Experience in construction/supervision within Oil & Gas.
• Conversant with international engineering standard and HSE requirements
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills
• Effective reporting skills.
• Ability to work in remote locations for a reasonable length periods of time
• Ability to independently decide and act to resolve day to day construction activities.
• Ability to anticipate any construction related problem and come up with solutions and be able to discuss the issues on timely manner with his line manager.
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Electrical / Instrument Unit Supervisor
Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company (YASREF)
Reliability Instrumentation Engineer
Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company (YASREF)
Instrumentation/Control System Engineer
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
E & I Technician
A Leading Shipping Company in Fujairah
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||24 Mar|