Job description / Role
The OSS Technology Specialist provides technical support, guidance and consultation associated with products supported and services provided by OSS/IT Services. This individual provides meaningful contributions to team efforts to enhance departmental effectiveness; acts creatively to prioritize tasks; interprets information; and applies technical knowledge to satisfy end user and firm objectives. This professional anticipates technology support issues, and creates solutions with appropriate consultation.
The OSS Technology Specialist:
• Assists with the deployment of hardware and software to end users (including the installation, configuration and testing of more complex firm hardware)
• Assists with or coordinates the repair of end user hardware and the reinstallation of software as necessary to resolve incidents
• Resolves complex incidents associated with firm standard end user software and hardware, including mobile/hand-held technologies Identify sources and trends of technical incidents to prevent future occurrences.
• Acts as a lead to less experienced specialists
• Provides after-hours service for escalated issues from the Service Desk or supervisor
• Performs asset management activities (procurement, receipt, inventory, tracking, distribution, etc) in accordance with firm policy and IT Service process
• Operates as “remote hands” for other IT functions, such as Telecommunications and Hosting
• Anticipates technology support issues, and acts creatively to prioritize tasks, interpret information, and apply technical knowledge to facilitate the development and implementation of technical and business solutions to complex end user technology needs and issues
• Works independently on small projects. Assesses the special needs of local area offices and engagements, and responds appropriately
• Documents and tracks the status of inquiries, coordinates appropriate responses, and follows up to ensure end user satisfaction
• Maintains a thorough understanding of IT Services organization and service offerings in order to identify how best to address end user technology needs and incidents
• Understands the Firm’s business and organization sufficiently to anticipate and resolve end user technology issues that affect productivity of Firm personnel
• Performs technical induction for new joiners and Trainings for business and internal team
• Bachelor’s degree (Technical)
• 5 to 8 years of relevant experience
• Broad knowledge of/experience in end user computing and PC Workstation-based applications and hardware
• Extensive technical expertise in end-user software and hardware
• The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, organizational, and project management skills
• Excellent customer service attitude
• Able to work effectively with all levels of end users and IT personnel Analytical/Decision making responsibilities
• Strong analytical skills are required to address end-user incidents escalated from the service desk or offered by end user on walk-up issues
• Under supervision addresses issues affecting users within the supported geography This role receives oversight from a supervisor and is expected to work independently, including operating as the sole technical support in an office
Required technical certification
• MCITP or MCSA / CCNA
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.