Job description / Role
The Kindergarten teacher is responsible for the enhancement of a young learner’s interpersonal and academic skills. This is accomplished by delivering active and engaging lessons while using the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum. The Kindergarten teacher will display an energetic, positive attitude which will create a warm and engaging atmosphere to advance students’ physical, mental, and social development. The Kindergarten teacher will provide children with a positive and safe environment. The Kindergarten teacher is a team player who will coordinate positively with teaching assistants, mangers, administrative staff and parents as the Kindergarten teacher has to determine the best interest of each child.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Make every student feel safe and welcome in your classroom.
• Be a role model for students in terms of positive attitude, kindness, and respect towards others.
• Plan and deliver lessons that help each student achieve learning objectives and curriculum goals.
• Create a clean and inviting classroom environment which fosters imagination and self-esteem through the presentation of student work.
• Develop and implement a suitable classroom management system.
• Adapt standard teaching methods to meet different student needs and interests.
• Establish and affect rules for acceptable behavior.
• Apply and follow up on approved disciplinary interventions.
• Make referrals for intervention and assistance where necessary.
• Clearly communicate your needs and expectations to your teaching assistant.
• Liaise with your teaching assistant to ensure maximum efficiency in the classroom and that each child is receiving the support he or she needs
• Instruct children on personal hygiene practices and self-care.
• Encourage cooperative social behavior through games and activities.
• Observe, evaluate and record children's social and academic progress.
• Provide constructive feedback to parents, guardians and administration.
• Prepare and distribute written reports.
• Prepare lesson materials and resources in accordance with the school’s procedures.
• Ensure equipment and facilities are clean and safe.
• Select and use instructional methods and materials appropriate to the students and learning activities.
• Utilize games, music, books, art, technology and other resources to teach basic skills and foster student development.
• Collaborate with other staff members to promote the general health of the school.
• Perform required administrative duties including attending staff meetings, Parents’ Evenings, and professional development events including those that take place after school.
• Appear on time and use diligent supervision during your assigned break time and afterschool duties.
• Uphold the school code of conduct and all school policies, rules and procedures in a supportive and positive manner.
• Communicate with parents through parents’ portal on a regularly basis and you must respond back to parents’ messages with 24 hours.
• Ensure display boards are showcasing students works and a new theme is implemented every 3-4 weeks.
• Must hold a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education or its equivalent
• A minimum of two years experience as a Kindergarten teacher
• Native English Speaker
• Preferably experienced with the National British Curriculum
About the Company
New World International School is a vibrantly diverse and welcoming community with internationally-minded leaders and learners committed to shaping a better future. NWIS is committed to delivering academic excellence for all students using the unique combination of an IB and Cambridge curriculum. An education that will be a key in developing ethical, responsible, and globally conscious life-long learners. A community of educators that inspire a passion for knowledge and lifelong learning whilst instilling respect for self and others. NWIS will work towards developing the whole child through academic, artistic, and athletic excellence.