Job description / Role
The Kindergarten teacher is responsible for the enhancement of a young learner’s interpersonal and academic skills. This is accomplished by delivering active and engaging lessons while using the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum. The Kindergarten teacher will display an energetic, positive attitude which will create a warm and engaging atmosphere to advance students’ physical, mental, and social development. The Kindergarten teacher will provide children with a positive and safe environment. The Kindergarten teacher is a team player who will coordinate positively with teaching assistants, mangers, administrative staff and parents as the Kindergarten teacher has to determine the best interest of each child.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Make every student feel safe and welcome in your classroom.
• Be a role model for students in terms of positive attitude, kindness, and respect towards others.
• Plan and deliver lessons that help each student achieve learning objectives and curriculum goals.
• Create a clean and inviting classroom environment which fosters imagination and self-esteem through the presentation of student work.
• Develop and implement a suitable classroom management system.
• Adapt standard teaching methods to meet different student needs and interests.
• Establish and affect rules for acceptable behavior.
• Apply and follow up on approved disciplinary interventions.
• Make referrals for intervention and assistance where necessary.
• Clearly communicate your needs and expectations to your teaching assistant.
• Liaise with your teaching assistant to ensure maximum efficiency in the classroom and that each child is receiving the support he or she needs
• Instruct children on personal hygiene practices and self-care.
• Encourage cooperative social behavior through games and activities.
• Observe, evaluate and record children's social and academic progress.
• Provide constructive feedback to parents, guardians and administration.
• Prepare and distribute written reports.
• Prepare lesson materials and resources in accordance with the school’s procedures.
• Ensure equipment and facilities are clean and safe.
• Select and use instructional methods and materials appropriate to the students and learning activities.
• Utilize games, music, books, art, technology and other resources to teach basic skills and foster student development.
• Collaborate with other staff members to promote the general health of the school.
• Perform required administrative duties including attending staff meetings, Parents’ Evenings, and professional development events including those that take place after school.
• Appear on time and use diligent supervision during your assigned break time and afterschool duties.
• Uphold the school code of conduct and all school policies, rules and procedures in a supportive and positive manner.
• Communicate with parents through parents’ portal on a regularly basis and you must respond back to parents’ messages with 24 hours.
• Ensure display boards are showcasing students works and a new theme is implemented every 3-4 weeks
• Bachelors of Early Childhood Education or its equivalent.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Kindergarten teacher, with verified experience letters letter headed, signed and stamped by the school.
• Native English Speaker
• Not older than 58 years old.
About the Company
Al Shomoukh International School (SIS) is a new KG to Grade 12 global school in Muscat. Established by Global Education Services (GES) the school opened for the 2015/16 school year in Al Hail.
A new school has been constructed and, combined with an international curriculum and excellent staff, the school intends to become one of the outstanding international schools in Muscat. It will draw students from both the local Omani and expatriate community. Both will be rewarded with an education experience of the highest order.
The school will be a beacon of international educational excellence for local and expatriate male and female students using English as the medium of instruction. Classes will be a maximum of 25 students.