Job description / Role
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform land/field surveys and geodetic calculations.
• Interface with clients and contractors to determine and verify project survey requirements.
• Complete the surveying requirements on schedule and within man-hour and cost budgets. Advise the Project Manager if overtime is necessary to meet project milestones.
• Check setting-out and levels. Check services locations and ensure their protection.
• Prepare sketches to support the field work. Maintain all the survey information (field books, sketches and calculations).
• Measure work done when required.
• Observe site safety procedures.
• Assist in the preparation of ‘as-built’ drawings.
• Act positively, and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the Resident Engineer, and project Safety Representative.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Diploma/Associate degree in Civil Engineering, Land Surveying or equivalent.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in surveying of road works.
• Knowledge and/or experience in using CAD software and survey software, total station, data collectors and GPS equipment.
• Working knowledge of construction sequences and standard work procedures of the industry.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff.
• Commitment to safe work practices.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.