Job description / Role
International law firm looking for a Senior Associate level (5yrs PQE+) Construction and ADR lawyer for their Oman office.
The role involves:
Transactional Construction (drafting, negotiating and finalising contracts)
* Building and civil engineering contracts
* M&E and plant contracts (oil and gas, petrochems, power, water, etc., sectors)
* Subcontracts and supply contracts related to the above
* Project development agreements (power, water, petrochems, etc.)
* EPC contracts
* O&M contracts
* FM contracts
* "PPP" - type contracts in the transport, health and other public facilities sectors
* Construction consultancy contracts
* Tender and procurement processes for all the above.
Contentious construction (claims, advisory, dispute resolution)
* Construction contractors' claims (prosecuting or defending)
* ADR, including DABs, expert determinations, mediations, etc.
* Construction arbitration
* Construction litigation
* General project advisory work
* Strong academic qualifications,
* Qualification as solicitor or barrister in the UK or other common law jurisdiction;
* Career to date focussed on projects and/or construction (transactional and/or contentious);
* Background in either a large international or national firm, or a smaller specialist construction firm.
About the Company
Headway has a proactive approach to recruitment and the methodology we employ ensures we take the time to understand the needs of both clients and candidates to guarantee the right fit.
We aim to create open, consultative partnerships with our Clients and Candidates whilst maintaining an honest and professional approach at all times.
As a team we are ethical yet innovative; focused yet flexible; realistic yet enterprising. We believe in earning our success by working with you to create yours.
Commercial Litigation Lawyer
Corporate Commercial Lawyer
Senior Legal Counsel - Corporate Commercial
Legal Affairs Manager