Job description / Role
- Prepare Training Manuals and Conduct Approved Type Courses for Engineering staff.
- Acquire and produce suitable courses to train and develop Engineering personnel.
- Ensure that training aids including classroom, printing and library facilities are adequate.
- Ensure that Technical training staff is in possession of correct skills, up to date on the latest methods, procedures and requirements.
- Constantly review and recommend upgrades to course manual in order to ensure all trainees are updated with latest knowledge required for use with Oman Air operations.
- Be proficient and familiar with the tools and techniques used by the training organization to assess the practical abilities of students.
- Assess and evaluate the students abilities in performing the relevant practical tasks utilizing the approved procedures and maintenance practices.
- Bachelor degree in Aviation Engineering preferably with 4 years of relevant experience preferably in a Base Maintenance Environment with 2 years of teaching experience.
- OR Holder of EASA Part 66 or equivalent aircraft maintenance license with 6 years of Aviation experience of which 3 years of teaching experience and has attended the Train the Assessor course from a recognised centre or with 2 years of Approved Practical Assessor experience in a technical training organisation preferably an EASA part 147 approved training organisation.
In addition, the candidate must possess an Instructional Techniques course from a recognised centre and holds an Instructor approval to conduct training course on modern wide / narrow bodied aircraft on at least 1 aircraft type operated by WY.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.