Job description / Role
- Responsible for provision of basic ground handling services to all Company and contracted parties as per maintenance requirements.
- Ensure to follow instructions issued by Charge hand and carry out the work as required.
- Ensure that all manuals and publications are maintained in good order and kept up to date to the last revision.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment used are operated correctly, safely and maintained in good working condition.
- Record and maintain respective records for all maintenance work carried out.
- Ensure-Perform Aircraft arrival and pre departure checks, walk around and carry out snag rectification as required by the Licensed Engineer attending the aircraft
- Maintain a current permanent record of tools and equipment in accordance with procedure.
- Assist in the training and development of Omani National staff placed under his control.
- Report any un serviceability of equipment or tooling or occurrences, to his lead Charge hand.
- Ensure adequate pre work preparation is carried out to ensure efficient work process.
- Adhere to the Airport Authorities rules and company procedures and regulations.
- Record all delays and incidence-accidents occurrence on the required forms and submit to the lead charge hand for his action to completion.
- Adhere to the HSE-administration-disciplinary policies of the company.
- Carry out Aircraft maintenance and rectification work as directed by immediately reporting personnel’s.
- To take charge of Charge hand duties whenever Charge hand is on leave-absent.
- Undertake other related task as instructed by immediate Supervisor.
Fresh Bachelor degree in Engineering in Aircraft Maintenance OR Two years college Diploma in a related Aircraft Maintenance engineering / EASA C of R discipline with 02 years of relevant experience preferably in aircraft maintenance activities OR Specialized technical institute certificate preferably ICAO Type – II LWTR or recognized aircraft maintenance training certificate with Secondary School having 06 years of WY / Aircraft Maintenance experience.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman’s Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman’s national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.