Job description / Role
- Follow a system of effective documentation control and distribution of amendments, manual revisions and publications to all holders and offices including DGSAS.
- Maintain all records of documentation including the Receiving, distribution and acknowledgement system.
- Orderly keeping all manuals and documents for quick reference.
- Amend onboard and EFB Aircraft Manufacture manuals and follow up for updates in case of delay.
- Ensure the availability of Flight Operations bulletins issued to crew members in coordination with the Fleet Captains.
- Maintain Technical Publication Master Library with all the documents - manuals and keep updating it first after receiving the amendments after approval.
- Provide access to all the documents in the IOCC.
- Make sure the availability of manufacturer-Co. Manuals to respective holders either in hard or soft copy or through web and maintain a record for further references.
- Keep an updated List of Oman Air Out stations and distribute the manuals and updates with an acknowledgment receipt.
- Record all the manuals located in SIM.
- Respond to alerts from Oman Air Ops Docs through email and if related to our coverage, print required no. of copies and update accordingly.
- Audit periodically all the documents, manuals and circulars validity both in the technical library and on board.
- Maintain record of receiving documents and manuals from En-route manuals service company (Jeppesen).
- Update Onboard aircraft En-route manual (Jeppesen) on a priority basis once receive it.
- Keep updating all the En-route Manuals located in the offices.
- Acknowledge in all the record of revision pages of En-route manuals with revision date and number.
- Maintain EFB Document and Term charts updated as per procedure in EFB Manual
- Update Notice to Crew in EFB with valid NTC which comes through Oman air OPS DOCS.
- Maintain all certificates (AOC and Ops Specs) and fuel cards on board.
- Take immediate action on calls or the mails from IOCC.
- Clear the missing or other discrepancies that are reported through Journey Log.
- Make sure the availability of the required AIP copies.
- Identify and dispose obsolete documents.
- Other duties and tasks that may be assigned by OTP-MTP- SMOCS as applicable
- Fresh Two years college Diploma in related discipline
- Or Specialized certificate / license in the related field with Secondary School
- Relevant experience preferably in the publication department preferably of an airline industry will be advantage.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.