Job description / Role
Plan, coordinate and supervise all lifting activities in the project in a manner that ensures total safety during the task and complies with local, client and the organizations standards.
• Supervision and Execution of Works.
• Prepare lifting plans prior to execute lifting of heavy equipment in submit to clients for approval.
• Arrange site location for crane positioning as per approved rigging plan.
• Inspect all rigging accessories to be used as per safety precautionary measured before lifting is to be done.
• Erection of steel structures for new loading and pipe rack using 100 tons’ hydraulic cranes.
• Perform daily inspection on all mobile cranes, crawler crane and electrical power driven (pendant control) overhead cranes used in the project
• Ensure that the operators of mobile I crawler cranes conduct pre-operation check using company prescribed checklist.
• Perform daily toolbox talk to the crane operators and the riggers cum signalmen.
• Participate in RA Meetings on Lifting Operations and brief the RA to the lifting team.
• Ensure that only registered crane operators, appointed riggers cum signalmen engage in any lifting operation involving the use of a mobile/ crawler crane
• Ensure that the ground conditions are safe for any lifting operation to be performed by any mobile I crawler crane
• Brief all crane operators, riggers cum signalmen on the safe lifting procedures mentioned in company safe work procedure.
• Check the load and riggings to ensure that the load can be lifted and moved safely by any mobile/ crawler crane or tower crane.
• Forthwith stop any lifting operation upon receiving any report on defect or malfunction of safety device of the mobile crane or tower crane, thereafter tag-out the affected mobile crane or tower crane and report to the Construction Director/ Senior Construction Manager accordingly
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in lifting field.
• A minimum 5 years’ experience in lifting in Construction of oil and gas industry
• Holds a lifting supervisory certificate by 3rd party (GCC)
• Holds a appointed person certificate
• Must be able to prepare lifting plans
• Hold a diploma /equivalent degree in civil/mechanical.
• Knowledge in M.S. Office application.
• Knowledge in Auto-Cad 2000 application of gathered topographic data.
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability
Planning Engineer - Oil & Gas, Single Status
Ali Bin Ali Group
Store Supervisor (Facilities Management)
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar