Job description / Role
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Offers the opportunity as an experienced Logistic Coordinator to join the team in Muscat, Oman.
- Coordinates the operations support function for a region or major field location
- Has responsibility for several or all of the following functions: fleet administration, administration of training, HS&E and Drive Right programs and databases, office clerical and support functions
- Coordinates and maintains facility leases
- Coordinates and processes claims and all necessary paperwork for automobile accidents and company injuries
- Establishes procedures and operating objectives in these areas
- May supervise other administrative employees
- Handles special projects, as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Directional Drilling Logistic
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software packages and/or advanced knowledge of company-specific databases
- Thorough knowledge of practices and procedures of the department and the company
- Basic accounting skills, good communication skills, advanced computer and organizational skills
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.