Job description / Role
• You will support the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program to continually reduce unscheduled downtime.
• You will analyse problems and interpret technical information necessary to make required repairs (troubleshooting of equipment issues).
• You will perform mechanical, electrical maintenance and repairs on production machinery and facility support equipment.
• You will inspect, operate, and test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and validate work performed.
• You will ensure safety by following all company policies including safety rules, procedures and Lock-out / Tag-out procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), personal safety standards, food safety standards.
• You will troubleshoot equipment as well as plant electrical/mechanical systems and develop sustainable solutions accordingly.
• You will complete all assigned work orders within the time allotted. Maintain complete records of work performed using software, work orders, detailed logs and have good communication skills across all groups/departments.
• You will assist with equipment changeovers and line start-ups, troubleshooting issues as needed.
• You will use all power tools, hand tools, drill presses, shop tools, etc.
• You will work from drawings, schematics, sketches and through verbal communication.
• Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor.
OMR 180 to 250 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Medical, 2 months of paid leave for every 22 months of work, round travel tickets to your country every 2 years
• A high school diploma or ITI equivalent is preferred.
• 2-3 years of industrial maintenance experience in a manufacturing or food processing environment. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
• Electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic troubleshooting knowledge.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds, stack/unstack or carry, stand and/or stoop for prolonged periods (except for break and lunch periods), climb, perform repetitive motions, and work in a dusty, loud and hot environment. Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; and vibration.
• Tasks require working from a ladder or elevated platform and in confined spaces such as ovens, proof box and bulk storage bins or tanks.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills.
• Must wear required personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Ability to work 9+ hour shifts, irregular and/or rotating shifts, including split days off (non-consecutive days off) and work nights, holidays and weekends (frequently required).
About the Company
The SwitzGroup is a professionally managed family owned group of bakery companies. Taizoon Khorakiwala, in January of 1980, took over a 12 man bakery started by his father (the legendary Fakhruddin Khorakiwala) in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia. The group now has revenues of more than $250 million and employs some 4,500 staff across operations in nine countries.
We, now, straddle the value chain of the bakery industry with operating companies in egg farming and processing, bakery ingredients trading and manufacturing, mass manufacturing and distribution of packaged bakery products, as well as retail bakeries.
Maintenance Technician - UAE National
|Abu Dhabi||3 Jun|
Electrical Technician - Solar Power Plant
Manpower Middle East
General Maintenance Technician