Job description / Role
- Prepare financial statements and other key management reports of the catering business unit.
- Analyze the variances of major revenue and cost elements and provide a synopsis.
- Prepare-review-finalize reconciliation of balance-sheet accounts and explain outstanding balances.
- Review- prepare analyzed worksheets for all major expenses to understand the drivers of such expenditure, opportunity for savings and assessment of controls.
- Review-prepare Management information reports on key cost elements-revenue for submission to higher Management.
- Prepare a monthly report of all section’s performance covering all important tasks of the section.
- Facilitate closing of books of Catering SBU on reporting dates (Monthly-Quarterly-Annual).
- Circulate Budget-Actual reports to departments under Catering SBU.
- Carry out feasibility studies, project related assignments as and when same is advised by immediate superior- department head.
- Review Internal controls, processes for simplification and accuracy of work. Also ensure that Internal checks- controls are adequate, just and proper.
- Review and approve all payment documents ( Bank transfers- Cheque) before it is sent to Bank authorized signatories.
- Ensure all time bound activities of the section are met within the timelines.
- Prepare the Annual Operating budget for CBU based on Revenue forecasts provided by Operating departments- trend analysis.
- Prepare the Performance Plan for each employee of the section and evaluate the performance on a periodic basis for review by immediate supervisor.
- Carry out appraisal of employee’s performance on an annual basis as per HR procedures and forward for review by HOD.
- Review and update JDs of subordinates and to issue the revised JD in case of a change.
- Ensure that transactions carried out by catering finance section is in line with the laid down procedures and accounting policies
- Ensure all transactions processed by Catering finance section are duly authorized and verified.
- Ensure that invoices are raised on a periodical basis to all customers for billable services rendered by the CBU.
- Facilitate Statutory - State- Internal Audit process.
- Provide job rotation among the staff to enhance knowledge- exposure for better performance.
- Work on process related improvements in your work area to simplify verification- accounting process or handling of documents and transactions including filing and safe keeping.
- Encourage and motivate subordinates to perform better and be a role model to departmental colleagues and subordinates.
- Do a periodical review of time bound activities of subordinates to ensure that activities handled by them are completed in time to achieve the desired results.
- Inform the immediate superior and the Section-head at least a week in advance in case of leave- absence from work- illness or events which were not known until the date of availing leave.
- Any other tasks as may be allocated by section-head from time to time.
08 years of post-qualification work experience in a similar role in an organization of repute of which 03 years in a Supervisory role.
Bachelor degree in Accounting / Commerce with Professional level qualification in CIMA/ ACA/ ICWA/ ACCA/ CPA having 08 years of post-qualification work experience in a similar role in an organization of repute of which 03 years in a Supervisory role. Master degree in the related field will be advantage.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman’s Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman’s national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.